The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Yggdrasil – the Lands of the North is a game of exciting adventure in a detailed and fascinating setting. Become a hero in the Scandia of legend – intrigue, combat, quests, magic and mythic creatures await...! Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/
Pablo

Re: The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Post by Pablo » Sun May 18, 2014 6:19 am

First I have to thanks and congrats everyone who work on The Nine Worlds book, is simple awesome.

I never expected to see it out before Yggdrasill's GM Screen. I would like to know the screen status and if we can have some ETA or alike.

I am not posting this twice in Kuro's Forum, since I want to buy both screens. So any info about any of them I will be very thankful.

Best regards.

Corone

Post by Corone » Mon May 19, 2014 4:39 pm

As far as I know the screens are still on hold.
They are tricky to produce at the moment but they are not forgotten :)

The booklet that came with the french Yggdrasill screen has been woven into Nine Worlds
(with one last part that will be folded into Kings of the Sea)
Makkura is effectively the screen booklet for Kuro, but its a big booklet!
So that will be getting its own release.
For Keltia we will be including the adventure that comes with the screen in the Core Rulebook.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

First Age

Post by First Age » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Accepting that an English version of the GM Screen is out in the howling wilderness, I'd find the rule summaries hugely useful. I'm running the game for the first time at UK Games Expo in May, so some rules prompts would be great.

Before I go off and spend time making my own, I wondered if anyone had produced a summary of the key rules and tables already?

(PS Yggdrasill is set at roughly the same time as Keltia - not Viking but legendary Scandia 5th to 7th century - so the two games will fit together perfectly)

Corone

Post by Corone » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:51 pm

I'll see if we can post the quick rules summaries we did for Gen Con.
What I often do is print out useful pages from the pdf and put them in a display book to make a GM's booklet

The timelines for Keltia and Yggdrasill are roughly the same,
but I remember a conversation with the French that suggested it wasn't quite so simple.
I'll have to double check what that was.
It may be that the Vikings never made that long a crossing until a later age,
although Hengis and Horsa managed it a long time ago.
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

First Age

Post by First Age » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Corone wrote:I'll see if we can post the quick rules summaries we did for Gen Con.
What I often do is print out useful pages from the pdf and put them in a display book to make a GM's booklet
That would be all kinds of Valhala! :D
The timelines for Keltia and Yggdrasill are roughly the same, but I remember a conversation with the French that suggested it wasn't quite so simple. I'll have to double check what that was. It may be that the Vikings never made that long a crossing until a later age, although Hengis and Horsa managed it a long time ago.
As you suggest, the Angles and the Saxons were over here, settling and unsettling the Brtions, mingling and asserting. The migrations were certainly underway. Scandanavian invasion was indeed later, though trade connection between Britain and the Baltic had long been established.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavi ... tish_Isles

Anyway you look at it, us Yggdrasill groupies are going to be all over Keltia. I wrote the 'Age of Arthur' Fate RPG, which was also greatly inspired by the Cornwell trilogy, placing Arthur as a Romano British warlord at a time of strife. Can't wait to augment my Arthurian collection with Keltia goodness! ;)

Corone

Post by Corone » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:26 pm

It is indeed most awesome, you are going to love it :)
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

First Age

Post by First Age » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:31 am

Corone wrote:I'll see if we can post the quick rules summaries we did for Gen Con.
I'm now also running Yggdrasill at Seven Hills in a few weeks! I'll be encouraging everybody to get the game. I'm hooked. ;)
Given that it isn't very far away I guess I'd better start building that GM booklet? Would be nice to see one out officially when you can.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Hello, I bought Kings of the Sea and the book is great, I do really appreciate you keep line straight.

Well it's been almost eleven months since I asked and I ask you again. Are Yggdrasill's and Kuro's screens still in hold? Almost a year without news and is kind of disapointing.

Regards.

hurgan

Post by hurgan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:41 am

No news for the screen?