Am I reading this right?

The year is 2048, and something dark has returned to Japan. With an international blockade set up around the beleaguered country, there is no escape. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/kuro/
Black Jack Rackham

Am I reading this right?

Post by Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Re-going over the Kuro Core Book (gonna be running a one-shot for my local group) and I got to the section about Ranged Combat. For most ranged attacks its a simple check against a TN based on range. But for some reason with the Fast Attack it changes to the Target's Def (so apparently range doesn't enter into it this time).

If I'm reading that correctly, I can simply use the Fast Attack to ignore range penalties?

Jay_NOLA

Re: Am I reading this right?

Post by Jay_NOLA » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:25 pm

That is an error in the English translation I have a French copy and I checked to find out what it ought to be.

It ought to be:

Simple roll (Reflexes + Skill) Vs. range TN (-Reflexes invested)

Reduce damage by double the Reflexes invested on a successful hit.

Some other errors are in the English combat rules too, which were reported in th4 past to be aware of.

Pg. 105: Melee Attacking And Defending

Under Dodge Parry change the text “Simple roll (Reflexes+ Skill) Vs. Attacker’s attack result” to “Simple roll (Dexterity + Skill) Vs. Attacker’s attack result”.

Pg. 107: Range Attack Rolls

Under Precision Attack change the text “Simple roll (Dexterity + Skill) Vs. range TN (+Perception invested)” to “Simple roll (Perception + Skill) Vs. range TN (+Perception invested)”.

Thanks for catching that. I need to add that to my errata file an update my combat reference quick sheet.

They have an errata/FAQ thread that has all the know errors with corrections given to cover all the Kuro English products. (If the thread got deleted for some reason. I have a Word file with all that in it so I can recreate that thread or just send the file. Just have to wait till I get my computer back from being repaired.)

Black Jack Rackham

Post by Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Yes please send me a copy (when you have access) blackjackrackham67@yahoo.com
Thanks so much for compiling the list!

Nukenin

Post by Nukenin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Hope I am not to late to the party, but Jay_NOLA, would you mind to send me the errata, too? To: nukenin@t-online.de or maybe just recreate that thread?