Coming Soon for Kuro - Kuro Tensei

The year is 2048, and something dark has returned to Japan. With an international blockade set up around the beleaguered country, there is no escape. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/kuro/
Andrew
Site Admin

Coming Soon for Kuro - Kuro Tensei

Post by Andrew » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:36 pm

We're delighted to be able to show off the cover to the forthcoming, final installment in the Kuro saga: Kuro Tensei. Kurois our near-future game setting influenced by unremitting Japanese horror, part of our series of translated games that also includes Yggdrasill, Keltia and Qin.

Japan, 2047. A mysterious island has emerged from the depths of the Pacific. Accompanied by a supernatural Red Storm, the island appeared from beneath the waves to open the gate of Yomi-No-Kuni and unleash a tide of tainted creatures, vile Oni and insane Yokai too long locked away in the grey lands of death.

Caught up in the Red Storm, simple humans have discovered that they have a supernatural heritage and are descended from the Kami. While some refused their heritage, others have accepted their fate and chosen to die to fulfill their destinies.

From now on, the heroes of the Kuro saga are no longer ordinary individuals confronting the supernatural. True heroes, fighters charged with closing the gates of Yomi, armed with Ki swords, incantations or destructive o-fuda, they form the new army of the Emperor.

Kuro Tensei is the final part of the Kuro trilogy, and will be available to pre-order soon - keep an eye on the website for more information!

skywalker

Re: Coming Soon for Kuro - Kuro Tensei

Post by skywalker » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Wow. That was quicker than I expected.

How many pages is KT?

Will it be hardcover, given it sounded like it can almost be played as an alternative to straight Kuro?
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield

Corone

Post by Corone » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:12 am

It can be played as a different setting to Kuro,
but you still need the basic rules from the Kuro Rulebook.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:26 am

So softcover?

136 pages, as with the French version?
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Yes, softcover. We will tell you all about it when we're ready to launch the pre-order - until then, keep an eye on the website!

Jay_NOLA

Post by Jay_NOLA » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Cool .

I had posted some of the errors and fixes that were given by the designers in a previous post.

I need to try and get the FAQs about the archetypes translated. Those were basically why did you design this archetype like this and do other archetypes exist questions.

Spidercat, Spidercat does what ever a Spidercat can.
He's a deadly yokai in Tensai you see.
Kills the PCs just like flies.
Look Out!
Here comes the Spidercat.

The images are from the manga and a video game that have him in them. The manga I mentioned already in detail in post on recommended inspiration for Kuro.

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:06 pm

This waiting is killing me :)

xthawx

Post by xthawx » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:50 am

Hopefully some news soon once the team are back and rested after GenCon. I'm definitely excited for the preorder!

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Yeah, I wondered if Gencon would result in no news on this for a while :(

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:26 am

Still no news? Its seems "coming soon" doesn't mean what it used to mean.