Kuro One-Shot Adventure Actual Play Completed and Uploaded

The year is 2048, and something dark has returned to Japan. With an international blockade set up around the beleaguered country, there is no escape. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/kuro/
Thrythlind

Kuro One-Shot Adventure Actual Play Completed and Uploaded

Post by Thrythlind » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:49 pm

So, I've started running one-shot adventures with some of my online friends every other Thursday and our first game was Kuro.

The complete session is up, split into 4 you-tube videos, my video-editing fu is horribly weak, but I figure most people are just going to listen to it without watching it anyway.

Here it is the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPd2rbn ... E8&index=4

We played the Last Stop, two people made their own characters and one picked up a pre-gen.

Corone

Re: Kuro One-Shot Adventure Actual Play Completed and Upload

Post by Corone » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Nice!
Had a quick listen and glad to hear you all enjoyed it.
Always interesting to hear how other people play the game too.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Thrythlind

Post by Thrythlind » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:05 am

So I saw this before heading out to the school for work and then later was thinking of the possibility occurring in "Demon Next Door" campaign for my Divine Blood Fate RPG of a group of characters playing an RPG and how amusing it would be to RP a character RPing in a game in the game and immediately leapt to this.

"The river walk is slick as usual but there seems to be a different consistency from the normal spray," the seemingly thirteen year old said. She was blonde but with Japanese bone structure and blue facial marks in the form of a circle on her forehead and a series of four rays on each cheek angling to point up toward the circle.

"I'm going to look down at the ground closely, what do I see?" The speaker was a tall girl, maybe fourteen or fifteen, with black hair. She had seemingly shaved her eyebrows save four a short patch over each eye. A closer look showed that the black spots were not hair at all but a glistening pair of black orbs.

"The walkway is slick with blood," the blonde girl said in a low, sinister voice.

"Wait, Ama, the blood is wet and the river spray hasn't washed it off?" This speaker appeared to be a man in his mid-twenties. Normally he wouldn't stand out much, but for the moment illusions were dropped and a pair of fox ears flicked thoughtfully as three tails swished behind him.

"That is correct," the girl noted.

The fox man's face and voice shifting, becoming more feminine and less human, gaining a snout. "Saeko is going to step back and start praying." The form shifted a third time to a black woman whose only fox like features were the three tails and a sharpened pair of canines. "Wait for it. Mai hasn't said her character's reported the blood yet." The face became the man's again. "Also, I'm not sure praying will help us this time."

"Hikoji crosses himself and gasps out that there's blood," Mai noted. "There you go Koushiro, everybody knows now. And you never think prayer is going to help, Kana. So far it's helped every time the spooky stuff has come up."

"Can we hold off on the meta-gaming before Jenny pops up onto the walk and and eviscerates us all?" This speaker was a wiry eighteen year-old with taloned legs and large black wings.

"Huh? Why would I have Michiko kill everybody else, she's a cop!" The girl speaking was of European descent with an athletic body and large, watery eyes that had a strange attraction about them. Her high necked jacket was slung on her chair, making the three slits along either side of her neck easily visible.

"I didn't say Michiko," the bird man noted. "I said Jenny. This is clearly a sea monster so a Deep One would be expected."

"Lemurian." Jenny insisted sharply.

"Deep One. That's what you called yourselves, right?"

Jenny stood up and gripped the table leaning over to glare at the man threateningly. "We changed it."

"Oh right, after Innsmouth misunderstanding."

The reference to Innsmouth as a "misunderstanding" seemed to just make the girl angrier.

"As you're standing around looking at the blood, none of you notices as a scaly thing with a bowl atop his head grabs Junta from behind and vanishes underwater with him," Ama noted, interrupting the scene.

"Wha-? But I have Awareness Boosted twice!" The bird man said.

"And you've used up my warnings on racism at my table," the thirteen year old noted. She slipped off the chair and walked to the door. "Himiko! Mr Harris needs to leave. Now."

Another blonde Japanese woman, appearing in her late twenties came to the door and looked toward the man in question. "All right, Mother. She looked toward the man and gestured politely. Mr Harris."

Angrily the bird man stood up and started slinking out the door.

"What a bastard," a young man of about sixteen with Indian features and red eyes marked all over his face. "I mean, who could be so cruel to such a rare and beautiful woman as this."

"I prefer spiders at the moment, I think," another young teen boy said looking toward Mai. He had blue facial features like a storm cloud and lightning.

Ama turned back to the door. "Himiko! Susano'o and Ravanna are flirting with the other players again. Make them stop."

The other blonde woman walked in and looked around. "Is anybody other than Mother bothered?"

"Nope." "No." "Uhh...uhhh...No?" "I think it's cute how hopeless Susie is."

"There, go back to your game and forget about it. Seriously, Mother, act your age."

"Incarnation age or real age?"

"They're both older than six years old."

"Fine," Amaterasu said with a sigh. "Anyway, Junta vanishes to be drowned in the river. Roll Awareness to see if anybody notices..."

Himiko walked away muttering under her breath. "On the hand, my own version of Immortality means never getting to be a God or Demon. On the other hand at least I don't have to relive childhood every 400 years. Unfortunately I apparently am stuck babysitting said children for eternity...uggh...such is fate."

Granted the current world situation in Divine Blood doesn't support that scene, but maybe after the war starts, supernaturals are public and both Yomi and Nirvana citizens are taking refuge on Earth.

Thrythlind

Post by Thrythlind » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:29 am

Also, a quick listen of nearly 4 hours of stuff? Wow, impressive.

Thrythlind

Post by Thrythlind » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:36 am

I ended up mostly not using the Horror powers. Partially to streamline. Partially because the players were freaking out on there own and didn't want to clutter those responses with mechanics.

Corone

Post by Corone » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Thrythlind wrote:Also, a quick listen of nearly 4 hours of stuff? Wow, impressive.
Well I skipped around it.
Its easier to see whats going on when you know the adventure! :)
Loved the reaction to opening the freezer/locker in the warehouse.

Sounds like you played in the way I would have run it.
I'm a big believer in tweaking any stats to suit the way the game is going.
It is designed so you can pull the danger down in case you want to run it as a campaign.
Of course, much of the danger depends on how well the party co-operate!

Something I don't think I put in the adventure that I usually add,
is getting a lone PC to make a Willpower rolls when looking at the rack of clothes.
If they fail they realise they've taken off a few clothes themselves and are about to walk to the freezer...
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Thrythlind

Post by Thrythlind » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:19 pm

If either of the ones looking through the rack failed, they would have started disrobing and either be stopped by the other one, or be partially naked when John turned around.

Eternally Lost Zeppo

Post by Eternally Lost Zeppo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:27 am

After listening to it in play, I definitely want to try running this at the local RP SOC. Maybe next time we have a Fresher's Week event.

Corone

Post by Corone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Awesome, tell us how it goes! :)
Cubicle Seven Black Ops