Curse of Nineveh

Horror scenarios and sourcebooks for Call of Cthulhu set within the green and pleasant land of The British Isles. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/cthulhu-britannica/
UncleRiotous

Curse of Nineveh

Post by UncleRiotous » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:49 pm

I'm pretty new to running CoC games and in September when my group gets back together after the holidays I'm looking to start running Curse Of Nineveh. I wondered if anyone had run it and if so any tips on getting it to run smoothly for a relatively newbie GM (especially to CoC).

I've also got the two journals which I'm really looking forward to handing to the players. While getting the Neve Selcibuc one in is obvious I'm a little nervous that the players may miss the Campbell Thompson one. I don't want to just hand it to them but I'd like to increase the odds of them coming across it having bought it. Any suggestions for a good way to do that?

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Curse of Nineveh

Post by Andrew » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:18 am

BEWARE SPOILERS!!!

There are a couple of ways they can pick up Campbell's journal - first up, if they do any illicit sniffing around his office (or the British Museum in general, after hours), have them find it under a pile of paperwork. Otherwise, later on in the campaign Edwin Elphinstone has a copy he acquired using psychic writing or somesuch - while they're in his flat they can find the copy.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:39 pm

We collected it last weekend form his desk. We were there interviewing Campbell-Johnson and spotted it. One of the characters distracted him with the plans and knocked it to the floor where another picked it up before they were ejected from the museum.

As long as a PC spots a mysterious book on his desk the players, being suspicious of him, will contrive to obtain said journal.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

UncleRiotous

Post by UncleRiotous » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:39 am

Thanks guys. I think I'm probably going to remove the need for a spot hidden to see it. That way they'll still have to work to get it but it'll be less reliant on luck.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:33 am

Although I said 'spotted it' I don't think we had to do anything except be in the same room IIRC.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon