London Box set written for 7e?

Horror scenarios and sourcebooks for Call of Cthulhu set within the green and pleasant land of The British Isles. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/cthulhu-britannica/
DadsAngry

London Box set written for 7e?

Post by DadsAngry » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Was the London box set written for 6th edition first then converted to 7th? If so I think some conversation might have been missed.

Example:
In the Terror on the Thames adventure the door to cabin 8 can be forced opened (STR 25). STR 25 is the same toughness as the first door in Masks of Nyarlathotep which is written for 6e and lower. Am I to believe the door in Masks is 5x stronger than cabin 8? Or should the door to cabin 8 be listed as STR 125, the correct conversion for a door with a STR 25 in pre7e adventures?

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: London Box set written for 7e?

Post by Andrew » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:08 am

Hi DadsAngry -

You're right in that Terror on the Thames was written for 6e and then converted - apologies if a couple of rules references slipped through in the process. If you spot any more corrections, feel free to message them to me and I will start compiling a list.

Most of the rest of the boxed set - including the other adventures was written for 7e - especially Those Poor Souls Who Dwell in the Light, which was written by Call of Cthulhu 7e co-writer, Paul Fricker. Straight from the horse's mouth, you could say.

Vardaen

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Is this game self contained?

Do I need other books, like CoC 7th Ed to play this?

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:39 pm

The London boxed set is a setting and needs the 7e rulebook or it can be converted to 6e if necessary.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Vardaen

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Thank you