Primeval Gone Missing?

The past, present and future of Earth are colliding as mysterious anomalies open up everywhere. Your mission: keep prehistoric monsters in check, preserve the timeline, and uncover the secrets behind the anomalies. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/primeval/

Moderator: JohnK

Skudge001

Primeval Gone Missing?

Post by Skudge001 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:27 am

It appears that an anomaly has shown up and disappeared from the C7 website and store taking references to the Primeval books with it. It also did the same at drivethroughrpg. Does anyone know if this is a one time event and these books are now lost to us, or will the anomaly return and deposit the books and some strange beast in our near future?

Really I would like to round out my digital collection if there is any hope.

rulandor

Re: Primeval Gone Missing?

Post by rulandor » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 pm

That's a shock. Perhaps the licence to even offer the books on sale has run out? It sometimes happens, at other times not. For example, Margaret Weis Productions can no longer offer any books for their Battlestar Galactica or Serenity games; on the other hand, Eden Studios still offer their Buffy and Angel roleplaying game books, despite having lost the licence to produce new ones long since.

It obviously depends on the conditions of each licence.

But it is really sad that the Primeval rpg cannot be bought anymore.

RPGperik

Post by RPGperik » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Dang! I guess that means the GM Screen will never see the light of day. :cry:
it is = it's | you are = you're | they are = they're

RPGbericht (Dutch)

kreider204

Post by kreider204 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:30 pm

I just noticed this myself. Yep, probably a lapsed license. It seems very odd that they wouldn't make an announcement, though. I bet they could have gotten a bunch of last minute PDF sales at the very least.

BlackLobster

Post by BlackLobster » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Thankfully I managed to find all the books before they vanished. Shame that the license has gone as I'd have liked to see some more adventures or source books.

kreider204

Post by kreider204 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:51 am

I'm glad I picked up the PDFs legally while they were still available. They're nice for reference, especially for character stats. But I think I could run a game based on the show using the Doctor Who rules anyway, especially since it sounds like the Silurian Age sourcebook has dinosaur stats and such. So I guess it's not too big a deal for me either way.

BlackLobster

Post by BlackLobster » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:56 pm

You can do, but I think the mechanical rules for anomalies, the base of operations and temporal damage make a nice addition.

Perhaps if there had been more material for it in the form of adventures, prehistoric bestiaries and the like maybe the game may have lasted longer.

kreider204

Post by kreider204 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:33 am

BlackLobster wrote:You can do, but I think the mechanical rules for anomalies, the base of operations and temporal damage make a nice addition.
Yah, you could cobble some of that from the UNIT sourcebook, and maybe the Time Traveler's Companion - but of course, there's no need if you just have Primeval in the first place! :D
BlackLobster wrote:Perhaps if there had been more material for it in the form of adventures, prehistoric bestiaries and the like maybe the game may have lasted longer.
Yah, the books were great, but a bit more support would have helped. They could have put out bunch of short adventures like they did for DW, for example.

Of course, at the end of the day, the show wasn't as popular as DW, so I suspect they just weren't seeing the kind of money from it in comparison.

Jeffrywith1e

Post by Jeffrywith1e » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:42 pm

what really happened was someone went back through one of the anomalies and changed something. so now Cubicle 7 never really had the license. this forum somehow slipped through.

Beran

Post by Beran » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:07 am

The Primeval product line isn't even on Drivethru anymore, either.