[Player Character] Richard Blakely

The past, present and future of Earth are colliding as mysterious anomalies open up everywhere. Your mission: keep prehistoric monsters in check, preserve the timeline, and uncover the secrets behind the anomalies. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/primeval/

Moderator: JohnK

JohnK

[Player Character] Richard Blakely

Post by JohnK » Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Hullo, folks,

Since the old C7 forums on clicdev will go the way of the dodo at some point (but not with those nasty parasites in them!), I figured I might as well re-post the player character, Richard Blakely, that I posted on the original forums, as I'd like to encourage players to post up various characters, from player characters, to NPCs, and so forth.

Here's one of the first player characters that I created using the rules of the system. I wanted to see whether I could do something interesting, and so he's an interesting character.

Hope everyone likes the character, and this inspires folks to post characters of their own as well. :) Comments and thoughts are more than welcome.

RICHARD BLAKELY
Art Teacher

Character Concept: An art teacher (with a degree) who paints landscapes and the like. he also is outdoorsy and goes camping.

Richard Blakely was born to a somewhat rich, snobbish London family in the late 1970's, and had a bit of a rebellious streak even back then. While he didn't really have a good idea of what he wanted to be, he spurned his parents' attempts to get him to study the sciences, as he much preferred nature in all its glory. Fond of the trips to Devon and the like, he took to camping like he'd been born to it, and discovered that he was pretty good at painting and landscapes of what he'd seen and places he went came naturally to him. He first encountered an Anomaly during a camping trip in Devon, and stepping through, he returned and painted several landscape scenes from memory of what he had seen, as well as a painting of the Anomaly itself. This brought him to the attention of the Home Office, and a visit from Claudia Brown. She convinced him to do some work for the team investigating Anomalies, and since that time he's been involved behind the scenes with a new team of people that deals with these holes in time and space. His outdoor skills have also served him well during these "sojourns" (as he thinks of them).

Richard teaches art at one of the local institutions in London, but has never achieved any real rank due to his views. He's around 32 years old, stands 177.8 cms (5'10") tall and weighs around 80.7 kilos (178 lbs.), has dark brown hair, with a ponytail, hazel eyes, and a somewhat tan complexion. He keeps himself in as good shape as he can, as his camping trips can be somewhat arduous.

Richard appreciates the outdoors for what the are, but is also cognisant of their dangers. He's very much a quiet, somewhat private, person, as he finds that this allows him to be a better artist, but he's also quite a social creature. Somewhat fearless, he sometimes gets involved in things over his head, but has learned a bit of caution when dealing with Anomalies and the creatures that come through them. Stubborn to a fault, Richard always does the right thing most of the time, and has a strong sense of environmental conservation (no doubt due to his love of unsullied by man landscapes).

(Points: 21 + 21 + 8 = 50 - 42 = 8 - 4 = 4 w/ Experienced)

Richard Blakely

ATTRIBUTES
Awareness 4
Coordination 3
Ingenuity 4
Presence 3
Resolve 4
Strength 3

SKILLS
Animal Handling 1
Athletics 2
Convince 1
Craft 3 (Landscape Painting 5)
Fighting 0
Knowledge 3 (Aesthetics 5, Art History 5)
Marksman 1
Medicine 0
Science 0
Subterfuge 2
Survival 3
Technology 0
Transport 2

GOOD TRAITS
Brave (Major)
Charming (Minor)
Friends (Minor) - Friends at the university
Keen Senses (Minor) - Sight/vision
Photographic Memory (Major)
Wealthy (Minor)

BAD TRAITS
Eccentric (Major) - Environmentally conservativism
Emotional Complication (Minor) - Stubborn
Impulsive (Minor)

SPECIAL TRAITS
Experienced

WEAPONS
None, other than a mean paint brush! :)

Equipment:
Good pair of hiking boots; art studio; full set of painting necessities, including canvases and other material, and portable set of same; a few books on aesthetics and art history in his home library; camping gear, maps, all-weather gear, and extra pair of hiking boots; jeep; loft apartment; mobile phone; environmental conservation pamphlets; several small personal effects.

Story Points: 9
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Beran

Re: [Player Character] Richard Blakely

Post by Beran » Sun May 12, 2013 5:53 am

Ah, I see what you are looking for now. Posted Jason to a separate thread. :)

JohnK

Re: [Player Character] Richard Blakely

Post by JohnK » Sun May 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Hullo, Beran,
Beran wrote:Ah, I see what you are looking for now. Posted Jason to a separate thread. :)
Good stuff. :) Hopefully the posting of these two characters will encourage others to post a few characters for the game up here as well. :)

So any thoughts on Richard Blakely? :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com