Primeval Companion

The past, present and future of Earth are colliding as mysterious anomalies open up everywhere. Your mission: keep prehistoric monsters in check, preserve the timeline, and uncover the secrets behind the anomalies. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/primeval/

Moderator: JohnK

JohnK

Re: Primeval Companion

Post by JohnK » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Hullo, DavetheLost,
DavetheLost wrote: I spent about two hours on google image search the other day finding at least one image for each of the creatures that are statted out in the two game books. Lots to choose from. Quite an impressive list of available beasties as well, something in the neighborhood of 100.
Yep, there's a lot of beasties available for the game between the Rulebook and the Companion. I've got photos of pretty much every beastie from the two books that aren't available in the books, as well as a batch of others from creatures I've created in addition and the PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD tv series.
DavetheLost wrote: A Primeval Bestiary with illustration, game stats, and real world natural history would be a great supplement book to see in he future, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it. Many because there information is already so readily available.
Exactly why that's not going to happen, methinks.
DavetheLost wrote: Personally my wish for Companion 2 is game stats and information from Series 4&5, the novels, and Mew World.
There is a Series 4/5 book in the works, but nothing for the PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD stuff, though I've done all the beasties from that series and most of the characters. (Don't whether it will ever see the light of day, though there's no P: NW book in the works.)
DavetheLost wrote: I am trying to think what actual new rules and crunch content I would like to see. Most of it comes down to more critters, and the gamer gear head love of guns, gadgets and gear, vehicles, etc. and in point of fact I don't feel a pressing need for lots of that. I run fairly rules light, so "heavy handgun" and "light handgun" are just fine for me. If I need the exact details of a particular model I can look them up easily enough.
The game is pretty much sufficient in terms of guns and the like, though for my own game I've slightly changed the numbers of tranquillisers. :)

As for more critters, the rules from the main rulebook are pretty adequate in terms of how to create beasties, and it's a lot of fun doing so. :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Cigarman

Post by Cigarman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:08 pm

DavetheLost wrote:I spent about two hours on google image search the other day finding at least one image for each of the creatures that are statted out in the two game books. Lots to choose from. Quite an impressive list of available beasties as well, something in the neighborhood of 100.
Any chance you can post a list of the image links? :mrgreen:

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Hullo, Cigarman, Dave the Lost,
Cigarman wrote:
DavetheLost wrote:I spent about two hours on google image search the other day finding at least one image for each of the creatures that are statted out in the two game books. Lots to choose from. Quite an impressive list of available beasties as well, something in the neighborhood of 100.
Any chance you can post a list of the image links? :mrgreen:
That's quite a good idea, that is. :) However, please do me a favour and start a new thread with such links in them, as it would be nice to have all the links for beastie graphics in a separate thread. (Calling it something like... Oh, what the heck... I'll set up the new thread.) :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK

jeff

Post by jeff » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Beran wrote:Well, you know what they said about the Yanks stationed in the UK?

Over fed.
Over Paid.
Over Sexed.
Over here!;)
You know what they said about the Brits?

Under fed
Under paid
Under sexed
Under Eisenhower! ;)

jeff

Post by jeff » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:11 am

Is there any idea about when the Companion will be sent to those of us who preordered?

jeff

Post by jeff » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:19 am

I must bump my previous post.

DavetheLost

Post by DavetheLost » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:39 pm

I just recieve mine today in far upstate New York. I don't know where I am in terms of shipping time from the depot, but they should be making their way to everyone!

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:20 pm

jeff wrote:Is there any idea about when the Companion will be sent to those of us who preordered?
Sorry for completely missing your post, Jeff. Twice.

Preorders are en route (and arriving) with US and Canada pre-order customers. Stock is mid Atlantic for Europe and rest of World. So not long to wait now.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

jeff

Post by jeff » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks Jon! 8-)

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Hullo, Jon,
Jon Hodgson wrote:
jeff wrote: Preorders are en route (and arriving) with US and Canada pre-order customers. Stock is mid Atlantic for Europe and rest of World. So not long to wait now.
Any chance of finding out whether Dom arranged for a copy to be sent to me, Jon?

Since I get a contributor copy, I'm not sure what's happened in this regard. :)

JohnK