Primeval RPG at CanGames, May 17th-19th, 2013

The past, present and future of Earth are colliding as mysterious anomalies open up everywhere. Your mission: keep prehistoric monsters in check, preserve the timeline, and uncover the secrets behind the anomalies. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/primeval/

Moderator: JohnK

JohnK

Primeval RPG at CanGames, May 17th-19th, 2013

Post by JohnK » Fri May 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Hullo, folks,

CanGames 2013, the local Ottawa gaming convention to be held the weekend of May 17th - May 19th, 2013, is literally just around the corner. Since I'll be running the game that weekend, I figured I should list up the three Primeval RPG games that I'll be running over that weekend.

The Infection Factor
Game: Primeval RPG
Time: Friday, 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Number of Players: 5
Description: Portals in time, called Anomalies, have been appearing across the world for some time now. Your team works for the Anomaly Research Centre (ARC), dealing with these Anomalies and the creatures and people that come out of them. But sometimes it's not the creature that comes from the past that you have to deal with, but something else...

Message in An Anomaly
Time: Saturday, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Description: Since the Anomalies first started to appear, you've had to deal with your share of incursions. But this one's different. Someone's sending you a message from millions of years in the past - and the message is "HELP ME"...

Earth Serpent
Time: Saturday, 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Description: When an impossible fossil is discovered at an excavation, along with a mysterious metallic pillar, your Anomaly Research Centre (ARC) team must contend with the Ministry of Defense. Things get complicated when an Anomaly opens as well, but that means it's just another day in the PRIMEVALverse!

I'm looking forward to running the three games, and hope to see some of the folks from around here there! :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Beran

Re: Primeval RPG at CanGames, May 17th-19th, 2013

Post by Beran » Thu May 09, 2013 8:48 am

I'll be at CanGames on Fri & Sat. I'll check in to see if you have any free spaces left.

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Thu May 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Hullo, Beran,
Beran wrote:I'll be at CanGames on Fri & Sat. I'll check in to see if you have any free spaces left.
That will be great. Looking forward to seeing you at the convention. :)

I expect there will be some spaces left at "The Infection Factor" on Friday night and "Message in an Anomaly" on Saturday afternoon, though not sure about "Earth Serpent", since the Saturday night game is easier to fill than the Saturday afternoon slot (I find, don't ask me why).

For the record (and for anyone else thinking of attending CanGames, you can if you feel you want to pre-register for a game at CanGames by purchasing tokens, taking them to the Event section of the Registration Desk, and actually doing a pre-register for a specific event if there are any player slots left for it. Otherwise, you can show up half an hour before game time at the sign-up table, and sign up for a game event without having to pay any additional funds. Again, assuming there are any spots left in the game, of course.
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Hullo, Michaeljohn,
Michaeljohn wrote:to see if you have any free spaces left.
Sorry to say, but you're way too late on this post. CanGame was the third weekend in May, and you wrote this post the end of the first week of June. Guess you'll have to wait for CanGames 2014. :)

JohnK

Beran

Post by Beran » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:05 pm

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Michaeljohn,
Michaeljohn wrote:to see if you have any free spaces left.
Sorry to say, but you're way too late on this post. CanGame was the third weekend in May, and you wrote this post the end of the first week of June. Guess you'll have to wait for CanGames 2014. :)

I'm not sure why, but MichaelJohn seems to have taken snippets of previous posts and reposted them on the forum. Considering there is some kind of Gold advertisement in his Sig I think we have been spammed. But, I could be wrong.

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Beran wrote: I'm not sure why, but MichaelJohn seems to have taken snippets of previous posts and reposted them on the forum. Considering there is some kind of Gold advertisement in his Sig I think we have been spammed. But, I could be wrong.
You may well be right about this, Beran, but since there's no Moderator for this forum (I had hoped that I would be put in that position, as I was on the old clicdev forums), there's no way for me to check this out. That said, I figured I should post something here to address that game concern, as others might have thought that the CanGames stuff was still ongoing and whatever.

JohnK

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:09 am

The poster in question has been banned and his posts deleted.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!