Primeval and Origins

The past, present and future of Earth are colliding as mysterious anomalies open up everywhere. Your mission: keep prehistoric monsters in check, preserve the timeline, and uncover the secrets behind the anomalies. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/primeval/

Moderator: JohnK

rulandor

Primeval and Origins

Post by rulandor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:02 pm

So, Primeval has not won an Origin award as best roleplaying game, which I think is sad.

But I am still curious as to what place it got after the winner.

The thing is - in my gaming life, I played and gamemastered nearly a dozen rpgs und read several more. Since I read Primeval and later DWAITAS and started gamemastering the latter one, I have stopped even buying and/or reading any other new (or old, for that matter) game system. I found my thing and I am going to be happy with it for the course of this life.

That is the award I give Primeval (well, and DWAITAS and Rocket Age, of course).

I am a little bit self-conscious saying that, but by consensus (even demand!) among my players we changed over our Victorian age campaign from Victoriana to the Doctor Who rules.

Jeffrywith1e

Re: Primeval and Origins

Post by Jeffrywith1e » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:08 pm

While I do like a lot of other game systems out there, I have similar feelings about the Vortex System. Perhaps this is bad form, but I'd like to self promote this site- https://sites.google.com/site/vortexsystem2d6/

I feel you might find it useful.

rulandor

Post by rulandor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:26 pm

I think it is a well done fan-page.

Beran

Post by Beran » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Out of curiosity what did win first place at Origins?

InfinityDoctor

Post by InfinityDoctor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Beran wrote:Out of curiosity what did win first place at Origins?
Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, I believe, and deservedly so (in my opinion obviously, others may vary...) - pity the game got canned...

C7 did get a win with the Doctor Who card game though.

Beran

Post by Beran » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:39 am

Ok, this is just me here, but should the game not be still in existence when it is actually voted on to win?

InfinityDoctor

Post by InfinityDoctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Beran wrote:Ok, this is just me here, but should the game not be still in existence when it is actually voted on to win?
Well, yes, it does seem a bit pointless.

I think, though, the shortlist was drawn up and announced in early April, but I don't think Marvel got canned til the end of that month (and I don't believe MWP expected it to be canned). It was probably a bit late to withdraw the nomination at that point.

Beran

Post by Beran » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 pm

From what I understand (I could be wrong on my dates here) that because of bad returns on the Civil Wars sourcebook there was talk about discontinuing the line back in Feb.