Coming soon for Primeval

The past, present and future of Earth are colliding as mysterious anomalies open up everywhere. Your mission: keep prehistoric monsters in check, preserve the timeline, and uncover the secrets behind the anomalies. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/primeval/

Moderator: JohnK

silverfoxdmt73

Re: Coming soon for Primeval

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:01 am

I've got a Primeval game going on rpol.net, but it would seem my group is the only one playing this great game.

Anyone else out there still playing? Care to share some of your gaming experiences?

pridedog

Post by pridedog » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:52 pm

What would help players to get behind the game would be pregen character sheets of the show. Just saying....

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Hullo, silverfoxdmt73,
silverfoxdmt73 wrote: It's certainly true that games such as Dr Who, The One Ring and Rocket Age for example seem to be getting more publicity from C7 themselves which is in a way understandable as they appear to have invested a great deal of time and effort in the number of publications.
Not to mention the fact that the appeal of the first two games is much larger than the appeal of Primeval ever was or could be, given the history of both DOCTOR WHO and LORD OF THE RINGS, while the third game has a life of its own it seems.
silverfoxdmt73 wrote: I did think that the 'community' would take to Primeval a bit more than they have done, though having only seen the first tv episode I can't really vouch for the show itself - the concept is what drew me to the game really, the fact you could (as a GM) have fun messing about with both past and future related time travel and the consequences of people's interaction with beasties real and fictional was very appealing.
I watched the PRIMEVAL tv series when it first came out, and was thrilled when the game was announced by the folks at C7. While I hoped that it would be embraced on its own, and it was to some extent, it never got the love that DOCTOR WHO and the game got simply because it's not as long-lived, it didn't air where a lot of folks could have watched it, and for a variety of other reasons. I prefer the time travel concepts and the basic premise of the show to that of DOCTOR WHO (though I love Classic Who) myself, but I guess that's neither here nor there.
silverfoxdmt73 wrote: I've not got the Companion yet, but the idea of having a WW2 campaign with the Nazi's possibly using captured Dino's and future predators for their evil gain is very interesting.
Indeed, it is. :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Hullo, silverfoxdmt73,
silverfoxdmt73 wrote:I've got a Primeval game going on rpol.net, but it would seem my group is the only one playing this great game.

Anyone else out there still playing? Care to share some of your gaming experiences?
My games of Primeval have been going on since slightly before the game came out. I was blogging about them here, posting up links to my LJ pages, but stopped doing that for various reasons that escape me. You can check out my adventures for the game with all three of my gaming groups by following the link.

http://jkahane.livejournal.com/tag/primeval%20play
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com