Coming soon for Primeval

The past, present and future of Earth are colliding as mysterious anomalies open up everywhere. Your mission: keep prehistoric monsters in check, preserve the timeline, and uncover the secrets behind the anomalies. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/primeval/

Moderator: JohnK

Jon Hodgson

Coming soon for Primeval

Post by Jon Hodgson » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:33 pm

http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/primeval-evol ... ming-soon/

Coming soon for the Primeval RPG: More time travelling, more conspiracies, more danger.

It’s Primeval…evolved.

The ARC has been gutted, with the core of the team dead or lost in time. Now, under new leadership and with the aid of the shadowy Prospero Industries, it must rebuild, for the stakes are higher than ever.

Primeval Evolution expands your game by introducing the climactic events of Series 4 and 5, adding more options and adventures for your team to face. From the dangers posed by the artificial anomaly, the New Dawn Prototype, to getting lost in time or fighting carnivorous future beetles, you’re going to need to be sharper than ever to survive this time.

This 164-page softcover book contains:

A complete guide for Series 4 and 5, including all the webisodes.

Ideas for running campaigns set during Series 4 and 5.

New technology, including the HMS Gartside, new locations and new threats.

New non-ARC campaign frameworks, including For Queen and Country and the Time Tribe.

Rules for characters lost in time and space, temporal damage and new rules for Anomalies.

Three new adventures.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

DavetheLost

Re: Coming soon for Primeval

Post by DavetheLost » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Oh, this sounds so good.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:43 pm

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Hullo, Andrew,
Andrew wrote:And by soon we mean: available for pre-order (+PDF) now.
Excellent news to hear! :)

Just placed my order for the book+PDF bundle. Look forward to this one. :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

DavetheLost

Post by DavetheLost » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Just waiting for my download coupon email. Very happy to see that Primeval has not been forgotten.

Edit- and it's mine! Mine! My Precious! Oops, wrong C7 game

DavetheLost

Post by DavetheLost » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Page 7 under the heading for The Future of Prospero Industries contains a directive to see page xx. I expect this should have been either page 21 (the begining of the write up on Prospero) or page 26 (the bit specific to the future of Prospero). Probably too late to change for the print version, and really just a tiny niggle not worth bothering with anyway.

Also I wish this PDF could have been full colour to match the rulebook and Primeval Companion PDFs, but it is so jam packed with information that I am not going to complain loudly.

Some really great expansions of what we have seen on screen, this book takes Primeval far beyond the somewhat limited premise of the first three series. Do we have a chance of seeing the novels and New World in a future sourcebook? Or the long awaited GM screen? I suppose in part that depends on sales, so everybody go out and order multiple copies.

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:07 am

For a game that appears to be well supported by Cubicle7 and well received by gamers, I'm surprised by the lack of regular posting on this forum...

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Hullo, silverfoxdmt73,
silverfoxdmt73 wrote:For a game that appears to be well supported by Cubicle7 and well received by gamers, I'm surprised by the lack of regular posting on this forum...
Actually, I'm not all that surprised. While the game is relatively well supported by the company, though not to the degree that some of the other major player game systems are, it has always seemed to me that the game was met with mixed feelings. A lot of folks look down on the PRIMEVAL tv series itself, and some folks think of the game as nothing more than a dinosaur addition to other Vortex system game lines.

For me, the game has always been about the creatures (usually dinosaurs and prehistoric beasties), but also about the time travel element, the consequences of it, and so forth. That said, I think what most folks fail to realise about the game is two-fold. First, the Primeval RPG's version of the game mechanics are elegant, neat, and offer a few new bits and bobs that really make the setting come alive. Second, and more important, the roleplaying game allows you to go soooo far beyond the basic concept of the tv series itself, and also allows for some more outrageous and different types of settings that GMs can come up with. The two books for the game so far have presented some other settings that look good and are certainly interesting, and there are lots of others, I'm sure, that could be developed for the game.

Of course, the problem seems to be that almost no one is playing the game, so...
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:59 pm

It's certainly true that games such as Dr Who, The One Ring and Rocket Age for example seem to be getting more publicity from C7 themselves which is in a way understandable as they appear to have invested a great deal of time and effort in the number of publications.

I did think that the 'community' would take to Primeval a bit more than they have done, though having only seen the first tv episode I can't really vouch for the show itself - the concept is what drew me to the game really, the fact you could (as a GM) have fun messing about with both past and future related time travel and the consequences of people's interaction with beasties real and fictional was very appealing.

I've not got the Companion yet, but the idea of having a WW2 campaign with the Nazi's possibly using captured Dino's and future predators for their evil gain is very interesting.