Warhammer Fourth Edition News

All the Cubicle 7 news
totsuzenheni

Re: Warhammer Fourth Edition News

Post by totsuzenheni » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:35 pm

zedturtle wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:03 pm
For clarity, lordmalachdrim’s offending post was removed.

A good rule of thumb is to be kind and considerate to both hosts and other guests.
Ok, i can understand that the suspension, if that's what it is, could make more sense in light of that, though i'm still wondering as i was before, given your orignal response to lordmalachdrim's mere mention of Zweihander, if it's against the rules to even mention non-Cubicle 7 games on this forum?

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 pm

King Eirik wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 pm

In earnest I find the lack of info about the 4th edition quite disturbing. Why not make an update about the progress? And if you only have to say "Sorry, WiP, we don't have a release date yet" it will be a better customer relation than no info at this point. 4th edition gets all WFRP fans very excited therefore radio silence will not be appreciated. I hope there will be some news in the - very - near future. As I said better some news than no news ;)
The most recent "Quick News Update" (January 22, 2018) on the homepage included:
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition
Our design cues are coming from the first and second editions of the game.
Initial releases will be a Starter Set and Core Rulebook.
Release date is confirmed as "mid 2018"
The covers of the corebook and starter set were revealed here.
Dom gave an interview about WFRP Fourth Edition and Age of Sigmar RPG in Tabletop Gaming magazine.

2nd Edition WFRP PDFs are available now from DrivethruRPG
1st Edition WFRP PDF are also available now from DrivethruRPG. The core rules and the first parts of The Enemy Within Campaign are out now!
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Thank you Otaku-sempai. I think that I read it but than I have it forgotten :(
But I have asked questions about the Starter Set and the Core Rule book and haven’t received an answer. I would like to know if both games are released at the same time or will the starter be first. And if there will be the PDF if you buy the hardcover. This is the normal way for Cubicle products but I want to know if it’s with 4th too.
The King is dead! Long live the King!

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 pm

King Eirik wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 pm
But I have asked questions about the Starter Set and the Core Rule book and haven’t received an answer. I would like to know if both games are released at the same time or will the starter be first. And if there will be the PDF if you buy the hardcover. This is the normal way for Cubicle products but I want to know if it’s with 4th too.
There will be free PDFs with print products in line with our usual strategy. We're still very much discussing whether the PDF will come out before the print edition, and by what margin.

We've made no further announcement about the timing of the starter and core.

We made quite a fuss about the new release date when it was made available, and there was a lot of discussion about it here since we showed off the awesome covers at the same time. As was mentioned at the time, we delayed the release because spotted some cool things we could do in addition to what we had initially planned. We asked permission to take more time to test out those ideas and it was very graciously granted. There's been no further update to the release date, and mid 2018 remains accurate.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:11 pm

totsuzenheni wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:35 pm
zedturtle wrote:

A good rule of thumb is to be kind and considerate to both hosts and other guests.
Ok, i can understand that the suspension, if that's what it is, could make more sense in light of that, though i'm still wondering as i was before, given your orignal response to lordmalachdrim's mere mention of Zweihander, if it's against the rules to even mention non-Cubicle 7 games on this forum?
We will remove posts that advertise other companies' games, and ask that people don't use our platforms to advertise their own company's games.

That was not the case here. The removal and suspension were not concerned with mentioning any other company's game.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 pm
There will be free PDFs with print products in line with our usual strategy. We're still very much discussing whether the PDF will come out before the print edition, and by what margin.

If PDF will be released before printed version I think good idea will be to make some "all iclusive" bundle which will allow to preorder printed version and get PDF as soon as it will be availale.

Also I still can't quite get what will be included in starter set. Maybe I missed this information?
I'd really appreciate some details on this.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Err the C 7 standard is announcement of a pre-order for the hard copy upon completion of layout and a free pdf available upon ordering which appears to be what you are asking for.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

totsuzenheni

Post by totsuzenheni » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:11 pm
totsuzenheni wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:35 pm
zedturtle wrote:

We will remove posts that advertise other companies' games, and ask that people don't use our platforms to advertise their own company's games.

That was not the case here. The removal and suspension were not concerned with mentioning any other company's game.
Fair enough. In any case, i'm looking forward to see what you come up with for WFRP 4th edition.

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:01 am

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 pm
King Eirik wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 pm

We made quite a fuss about the new release date when it was made available, and there was a lot of discussion about it here since we showed off the awesome covers at the same time. As was mentioned at the time, we delayed the release because spotted some cool things we could do in addition to what we had initially planned. We asked permission to take more time to test out those ideas and it was very graciously granted. There's been no further update to the release date, and mid 2018 remains accurate.
Thank you very much for this answer, Jon. But it will be a very long time... But now there’s a light on the horizon! :)
I hope the PDFs will become available before the hardcopy of the game. Normally I ignore PDFs but with TOR I read them first because I couldn’t wait for the hardcopies ;)
Last edited by King Eirik on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The King is dead! Long live the King!

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Hermes Serpent wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm
Err the C 7 standard is announcement of a pre-order for the hard copy upon completion of layout and a free pdf available upon ordering which appears to be what you are asking for.
Yep. Thats exactly what I was talking about. I am new to C7 games so was not aware of that stadard. Thanks for info.