Warhammer Fourth Edition News

All the Cubicle 7 news
zedturtle

Re: Warhammer Fourth Edition News

Post by zedturtle » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm

CapnZapp wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:56 pm
Mr McDowall is a completely unknown entity to me.
Well, as might be relevant to your latest post, in addition to being the CEO of Cubicle 7, Dom is also extensively credited for Adventures in Middle-earth as well as a host of other well-deserved accolades.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

Cawdorthane

Post by Cawdorthane » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:54 am

zedturtle wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm
... in addition to being the CEO of Cubicle 7, Dom is also extensively credited for Adventures in Middle-earth as well as a host of other well-deserved accolades.
Hear, hear! As anyone who actually knows anything of Cubicle7's products and track record can attest, they rightly elevate quality outcomes over arbitrary and less important considerations. Much as I too am anxious to see these tomes in print, I have no doubt our patience will be well rewarded in due course.

cheers
Mark

Fleshy Headed Mutant

Post by Fleshy Headed Mutant » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:07 am

Boxed starter set? That's outstanding! I can't wait to hear about whats in the box! A quick intro/ character creation booklet would be great to teach new players without throwing a giant hardback book at...
TEW campaign for 4th edition is just what I was looking for!
The cover is a nice nod to the original, but I miss the maniacal grin on the fighter running the ogre through!
Last edited by Fleshy Headed Mutant on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

CapnZapp

Post by CapnZapp » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:23 am

zedturtle wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm
CapnZapp wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:56 pm
Mr McDowall is a completely unknown entity to me.
Well, as might be relevant to your latest post, in addition to being the CEO of Cubicle 7, Dom is also extensively credited for Adventures in Middle-earth as well as a host of other well-deserved accolades.
Thanks! Good to know

SaFe

Post by SaFe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:14 am

Good to hear that Cubicle 7 recognized that a simple update on Warhammer 2 rules is not the way to go in the year 2017/2018.
Nonetheless i'm not sure if the d100 system is my cup of tea, but Cubicle 7 had already shown with The One Ring of what they are capable of in a very positive way.

For the covers it is always a personal taste, but they choice of colours scream Pathfinder RPG at me, not necessarily Warhammer, although typical archetypes are shown.

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:48 am

SaFe wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:14 am
Good to hear that Cubicle 7 recognized that a simple update on Warhammer 2 rules is not the way to go in the year 2017/2018.
Nonetheless i'm not sure if the d100 system is my cup of tea, but Cubicle 7 had already shown with The One Ring of what they are capable of in a very positive way.

For the covers it is always a personal taste, but they choice of colours scream Pathfinder RPG at me, not necessarily Warhammer, although typical archetypes are shown.
I agree with pretty much all this post.

Art-wise, my gold standard for Warhammer is the old Mordheim manual, but I'm a black-and-white grognard and don't think that many people share my outdated tastes :p

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:19 pm

AdolphusAltdorfer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:06 pm
and I'm excited that you will remake the Doomstones campaign ... for surely there can be no other first edition multi-part campaign you are alluding to?
Are you sure about that? How about The Enemy Within?

AdolphusAltdorfer

Post by AdolphusAltdorfer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Syntezz wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:19 pm
AdolphusAltdorfer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:06 pm
and I'm excited that you will remake the Doomstones campaign ... for surely there can be no other first edition multi-part campaign you are alluding to?
Are you sure about that? How about The Enemy Within?
Hmmmm ... yeah ... maybe ... :D

Sure, it's The Enemy Within, can't be anything else. It will be interesting to see how they aim to work with the weaker parts of the campaign, if they keep them as is, rework them or replace them. I'm hoping for a reworking.

And I am hoping for Graeme Davis as a contributing designer on a revisited TEW. Well, not hoping as such, more demanding. Yeah, demanding is more correct. :D

/Adolphus
The Altdorf Correspondent

Download the most detailed map of the Old World city of Altdorf and hit the streets in search of grim and perilous adventure.

http://altdorfer.blogspot.se/2012/12/ia ... nload.html

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:20 pm

AdolphusAltdorfer wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:49 pm
Oh, I see. That was a joke and I took it seriously. Sometimes it can be tough for us Kislevits, since this is not our native language. :roll:

AdolphusAltdorfer

Post by AdolphusAltdorfer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Syntezz wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:20 pm
AdolphusAltdorfer wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:49 pm
Oh, I see. That was a joke and I took it seriously. Sometimes it can be tough for us Kislevits, since this is not our native language. :roll:
And now we have official confirmation of the The Enemy Within, of course!

Cheers!

/Adolphus
The Altdorf Correspondent

Download the most detailed map of the Old World city of Altdorf and hit the streets in search of grim and perilous adventure.

http://altdorfer.blogspot.se/2012/12/ia ... nload.html