Warhammer Fourth Edition News

All the Cubicle 7 news
Lo Pan

Re: Warhammer Fourth Edition News

Post by Lo Pan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi,

Looking forward to 4E.

Just a comment on 2E Priest career path that our group has experienced:

It's a very long road before you can cast the lore Priest spells and even when you can cast them you only get two dice to make some pretty high rolls.

So, as written, it's not a career that any of our group has a lot of interest in playing. These are simply our play test experience with 2e. Of course we love the game but I thought that worth mentioning.

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:28 pm

We don't know exactly when 4th will drop yet, but we can tell you when the Old World Podcast will drop!

If you're going to be looking for a 4th edition podcast - be sure to check us out!

The Old World Podcast will be launching March 31st 2018! We are an unofficial podcast for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th edition and the original podcast to bring you both discussion and actual play in WFRP 4th.

Our first few episodes will be an introduction to the Warhammer World in general - providing insight for players both new and old as to what they might need to know about the world, background and feel when playing a game in any version of WFRP.

We are VERY excited for WRFP 4th edition and can't wait for what C7 has in store!

oldworldpodcast.com

Edit to add:
Episodes 000 and 001 are live!

Check us out and let us know what you think!

http://oldworldpodcast.com/index.php/feed/podcast/

www.oldworldpodcast.com
Last edited by Grey Seer on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Greyh

Paid a bod yn dwp

Post by Paid a bod yn dwp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Grey Seer wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:28 pm
We don't know exactly when 4th will drop yet, but we can tell you when the Old World Podcast will drop!

If you're going to be looking for a 4th edition podcast - be sure to check us out!
Looking forward to this. So are you guys currently playtesting 4ed, or enthusiastically waiting for the launch like the rest of us? It almost reads like the launch of the podcast with a 4ed focus is meant to coincide with the launch of 4ed?

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:10 am

Paid a bod yn dwp wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 pm
Looking forward to this. So are you guys currently playtesting 4ed, or enthusiastically waiting for the launch like the rest of us? It almost reads like the launch of the podcast with a 4ed focus is meant to coincide with the launch of 4ed?
No playtesting, unfortunately. We are just really excited. We've been planning and preparing since September last year. We were going to launch in December but C7 pushed back their release.

Our first few episodes will be an introduction to the world of Warhammer as a primer for new and experienced players alike!
-Greyh

Paid a bod yn dwp

Post by Paid a bod yn dwp » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:45 am

Look forward to it. Opportunity to tune back into a the old world. What was a the last word on wfrp 4ed release? June early summer?

Edit: just reread previous posts, it seems it’s still on for mid year release date

Fatpob

Post by Fatpob » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 pm

Will there be any Lite versions or perhaps a demo at Uk Games Expo this year (June)?

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Fatpob wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 pm
Will there be any Lite versions or perhaps a demo at Uk Games Expo this year (June)?
With a mid 2018 release UK Games Expo would seem like an ideal show for some demos, right?
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Landuin le Breton

Post by Landuin le Breton » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Right indeed. I'll be there, with bells on which will make me easy to identify.

I'm running 2 games of WFRP at UK Games Expo and you all are most welcome to get your game on (I even usually run in the evenings). They're called Jabberwocky (which is all sold out, but I can rerun easily for a fellow Scot) and the Hunchback of Sancre-Song.

EvilSpaceOrc

Post by EvilSpaceOrc » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:01 am

Very excited about the game and really looking forward to it, with cautious optimism! ;)

It's been a few months since the announcement and if mid 2018 release is still the plan, then maybe it's time for some previews and updates? It doesn't seem to be plausible that if there's any feedback C7 would have time to make any adjustments.

Btw, Starter Set cover is so much better than the actual book, shame it's not the other way around :(

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 am

I would be interested to know if the Starter Set and the Core Rules will be released at the same date or will it be the Starter Set first and then the Core Rules? And if the Starter Set comes first when will the Core Rules be released? A month later? Would be great to know more about that topic - so that I can plan my budget ;)
The King is dead! Long live the King!