Moria

All the Cubicle 7 news
Jon Hodgson

Moria

Post by Jon Hodgson » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Coming in 2018:
A deluxe boxed set for The One Ring Roleplaying Game™ and Adventures in Middle-earth™.
Written Gareth Ryder Hanrahan with Francesco Nepitello.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Hermes Serpent

Re: Moria

Post by Hermes Serpent » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:38 pm

I think I just wet myself a little.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Moria Firefly

Post by Moria Firefly » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Home... my home is a Deluxe box set! :D :D :D

fritsk

Post by fritsk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Both systems? Dual stat'ed or system neutral?

Ghal Maraz

Post by Ghal Maraz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:28 pm

Excellent! Not totally unexpected, as we had some forum teasing quite some time ago, but still excellent!
And a deluxe boxed set, too!

Now, I just have to add my voice to the question if that's gonna be a dual-statted supplement...

CryAxe

Post by CryAxe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 am

I'm hoping that it is two different versions of the box set. There is enough support for both lines to have them separate and cater to the individual, but different, rules and game experiences.

Also, it may set a bad precedent for future releases if C7 starts combining rule sets in their books. I suspect that most people would not want to have an increased page count in their books, requiring them to ignore large portions of their accumulated libraries, in order to accommodate rules that do not pertain to the particular games that they run in Middle-Earth.

It may also seem to cheapen the quality of both lines a bit if they diluted each release by cramming multiple rules sets into the same products. I would expect "The One Ring" and "Adventures in Middle-Earth" to continue as separate games, albeit with the shared setting of Arda. Similarly, I don't expect the two impending Warhammer games to be combined into the same books.

One system to rule them all :twisted: ...
:arrow: and 5E as a separate release.

Orin J.

Post by Orin J. » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:11 am

CryAxe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 am
Similarly, I don't expect the two impending Warhammer games to be combined into the same books.
That never dawned on me as a possibility! Time to sharpen the ol' axe just in case.....

Karl Sanford

Post by Karl Sanford » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:43 am

CryAxe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 am
I'm hoping that it is two different versions of the box set. There is enough support for both lines to have them separate and cater to the individual, but different, rules and game experiences.

Also, it may set a bad precedent for future releases if C7 starts combining rule sets in their books. I suspect that most people would not want to have an increased page count in their books, requiring them to ignore large portions of their accumulated libraries, in order to accommodate rules that do not pertain to the particular games that they run in Middle-Earth.

It may also seem to cheapen the quality of both lines a bit if they diluted each release by cramming multiple rules sets into the same products. I would expect "The One Ring" and "Adventures in Middle-Earth" to continue as separate games, albeit with the shared setting of Arda. Similarly, I don't expect the two impending Warhammer games to be combined into the same books.

One system to rule them all :twisted: ...
:arrow: and 5E as a separate release.

Absolutely agree with this.

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Even though I have no interest in AiMe as a system (although I have houseruled much of its Journey and Encounter mechanics into my TOR game to marked improvement; so I admit that statement is more than a little hypocritical) I do think it makes commercial sense to produce a dual system boxed set. Such endeavours are a lot more resource hungry and costly than simply producing a book and there are solutions such as providing a separate system booklet for both TOR and AiMe so that the 'impact' could be almost non-existant. The cost of this extra AiMe content from a TOR fan perspective is going to likely be less than if two separate boxed sets were produced due to the economies of scale advantages that C7 will get for delivering to the larger D&D market; and vice-versa for AiMe fans. I think it makes sense all round.
TOR resources thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
TOR miniatures thread: viewtopic.php?t=885

Fellowship of the Free Tale of Years: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8318

tfleming5652

Post by tfleming5652 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Does anyone know the release date? Is there a pre order site up???