Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game Announced!

All the Cubicle 7 news
Consona

Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game Announced!

Post by Consona » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:50 am

zedturtle wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:13 pm
Having different opinions about the Age of Sigmar is a-okay. Expressing those opinions are a-okay. Attacking other posters is NOT a-okay. It's z-very bad.
Who attacked whom?

Heroic Ratcatcher

Post by Heroic Ratcatcher » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:40 am

It's not so much about "who attacked whom" then about "who misunderstood whom". I think that the bread-baking joke got taken the wrong way. I for one can cherish the over the top, high fantasy elements of AoS, as well as look forward to the complementary, more mundane side of it.

In this regard: WHO WILL BE VICTORIOUS? ONLY THE YEAST-FUL!

Lord Kragan

Post by Lord Kragan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 am

Heroic Ratcatcher wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:40 am
It's not so much about "who attacked whom" then about "who misunderstood whom". I think that the bread-baking joke got taken the wrong way. I for one can cherish the over the top, high fantasy elements of AoS, as well as look forward to the complementary, more mundane side of it.

In this regard: WHO WILL BE VICTORIOUS? ONLY THE YEAST-FUL!
It's the Flour-ful! You heathenous cover heretic! Confess thy sins to the Lord Veritant! Confess them or he will smack you with the oven shovel! :lol:

Consona

Post by Consona » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Heroic Ratcatcher wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:40 am
It's not so much about "who attacked whom" then about "who misunderstood whom". I think that the bread-baking joke got taken the wrong way.
I hope so. It was definitely NOT my intention to attack anybody here, the whole bread baking situation just felt totally funny to me after watching all those uber miniatures and pictures. My apologies if I offended anybody.

Setting-wise, at least those rather mundane moments can bring some contrast so the epic stuff feels more super cool in comparison. Every time I'm gonna plough through a waves of badass enemies who defend some huge citadel of Chaos on another out there plane I'll remember, whoaaa, I could as well be baking some bread somewhere but instead I can be this uber killing machine of light and justice decapitating Chaos Sorcerers with my axe so giant it defies laws of physics. :lol: (Sry, couldn't help it, it's like you've made an Inception on me. I think I'm now it the acceptance phase. :mrgreen:)

But things like desert made out of dried blood and such sound great.

Sorry again if my ungentle humour made anybody here uncomfortable.

Lord Kragan

Post by Lord Kragan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:42 pm

You know, you kind of had a reaction like the other stromcasts from the recent plague garden :lol: :lol: :lol: :

‘That grinding sound is going to get on my nerves quickly,’ Feros said.
Aetius was about to ask him what he was talking about, when he heard it. Like two massive stones, scraping away at one another. ‘What is that?’
‘This place is in constant motion,’ Morbus said. ‘The tiers turn at the whim of their maker, spinning slowly, but inexorably, in place.’
‘Like one millstone set upon the next,’ Solus said.
Aetius looked at him. ‘What?’
‘This place. It’s like a stack of millstones.’
‘How would you know what millstones look like?’
Solus shrugged. ‘I was a miller.’
Feros turned. ‘You were a what?’ The Retributor sounded aghast.
‘A miller. I worked in a mill. Grinding corn.’ Solus looked at them. ‘What?’
Feros and Aetius exchanged a glance. ‘Nothing,’ Aetius said. ‘It’s just…’ He shook his head. ‘Never mind.’

Heroic Ratcatcher

Post by Heroic Ratcatcher » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Okay, is this legit or did you make it up? Because I really want to read more of that! Where can I get it?

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:21 pm

Heroic Ratcatcher wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:44 pm
Okay, is this legit or did you make it up? Because I really want to read more of that! Where can I get it?
Plague Garden.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

Heroic Ratcatcher

Post by Heroic Ratcatcher » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:21 am

Fantastic, thanks!

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:45 am

Any ideas when we can get more info on this?

Lord Kragan

Post by Lord Kragan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Heroic Ratcatcher wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:44 pm
It's totes legit from the aforementioned novel. In fact, all three of the novels released this year contained moments such as this that poked fun at steriotypes formed about stormcasts. Hell, City of Secrets almost begins this way. :lol: :lol:

‘Do they eat, do you think?’ said Custin.
The boy was greeted with a volley of blank stares. Rare was the minute when the stick-thin guardsman wasn’t asking some damn fool question or another.
‘The lightning men,’ he continued, scratching his pointed chin, which was as ever covered with a fine blanket of wispy hair that was as close to a beard as he could manage. ‘My cousin Rullig, he says they do. Says they order up a big cart full of salted meat to their fortress every other market day. Now my other cousin, Ullig, he says that’s nonsense. Swears he’s seen them in the early hours, up on the high wall eating thunder and lightning. The lightning strikes and they just swallow it up.’
‘Sigmar’s bones, boy,’ sighed old Happer, leaning back on his bunk and staring at the stone above his head. Once grey, it was now stained a sickly yellow, a result of the pipe that constantly rested between his lips. ‘You’ve a rare talent for talking nonsense.’

And the upcoming ones do sound a lot like RPG adventures like spear of shadows (hunt for an ancestral weapon amongst four parties) or Overlords of the Iron Dragon (wander with a skyship and get into danger).