Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game Announced!

All the Cubicle 7 news
Lord Kragan

Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game Announced!

Post by Lord Kragan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:21 am

Orin J. wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 pm
Lord Kragan wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:52 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

Now GW went out and did give a brief explanation on what the realms are like. Most of this was already known but it kind of required you to read a boatload of sources and cobble them together.
So the core of the setting is that every world is connected through hell, so you have to toss yourself through it to get anywhere else?

.....That's terrible design. How are you meant to make alliances, travel for stories and whatnot? I wasn't excited for this RPG before, but now i straight feel bad for people writing stories in it.

What? No. Realmgates are incredibly stable (and their travel instantenous), and it takes a lot of effort to destabilize them and make them go awry. Hammerhal, the greatest of the new built cities (think Marienburg 2.0) is actually built around the two sides of a realmgate, one side in Aqshy one Side in Ghyran. And it's not the only one.

Plus nowhere in the video is said that All-Gates is "hell" (and then again it's not the only connection). Just the equivalent of the Tube. Nor is the void hell either.

Plus... what you've described is more in line with warhammer 40.000's warp travel.
Otaku-sempai wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:33 pm
Orin J. wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 pm
So the core of the setting is that every world is connected through hell, so you have to toss yourself through it to get anywhere else?

.....That's terrible design. How are you meant to make alliances, travel for stories and whatnot? I wasn't excited for this RPG before, but now i straight feel bad for people writing stories in it.
What? An entire planet of your own isn't good enough for you? :twisted:

Granted, there has to be better ways to travel from world to world.

Why would you want to? I mean, realmgates are virtually teleporters, just with a fixed destination.