Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Arioch1973

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Arioch1973 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:31 pm

fritsk wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Yep, I hope I like the new system, but I really hope for new fluff and setting material that complements the existing stuff.
If Cubicle7 is able to create a new sandbox / plot point / non-railroady compaign that rivals the enemy within that would be brilliant.
As long as the new fluff / adventures / campaigns are kept relatively separate from the rules crunch I'll be happy.
Start writing ;)

Inkidousamosa

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Inkidousamosa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Regarding Warhammer 40,000 RPG, I Just fond the information yesterday:

http://www.ulisses-us.com/games/warhamm ... -roleplay/

Karl Sanford

Post by Karl Sanford » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 pm

A thread has opened up about the new WFRP on the Basic Roleplay Forum (essentially Chaosium games). I thought would repeat one of the posts here because it essentially summarises how I feel the game should be:

"I enjoyed WHFRP 1st Edition immensely.

WHFRP 2nd Edition did Magis better than 1st and was all in all more balanced - but they neutered in some point by making more "political correct" (What was wrong mit "von Krieglitz-Untermensch"?) and generelly a more streamlined background and rules system came with a notion of taking things too seriously. I liked the gritty and tacky feel of the 1st Edition.

WHFRP 3rd Edition was not my system at all (though I bought quite a lot of it anyways), being too fidgety and boardgamy with all the tokens and funny special dice that were quite expensive, too.

So, I am hoping that I can withstand the urge to by this edition (FAT chance at that!) but if WHEN I buy it I hope for something that simply leaves out 3rd and goes back to the gritty, wacky feel of the simpler 1st edition - with working magic rules and a kiss on the cheek and kick in the behind to game balance, PC and all the rest that made 2nd such a "serious" game but maintaining the deeper background 2nd provided.

Oh yes, and nix the "Storm of Chaos" and give me my Empire back that is threatenend from the outside but really rotting from within! And make it whacky: Make the Imperial Chancelor Gerhard Merkel, name the mayor of Betonnia's capital Macronne, give me a bombastic ass-headed Chaos-Knight Tonhald von Trumpf as a villain etc. THAT is MY Warhammer!"

Pretty much sums it up for me. I really hope that Cubicle 7 managed to hit that sweet spot mix of adventure, horror and humour that made first edition and The Enemy Within so loved.

Mono X

Post by Mono X » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi there,

Quick question; now that WFRP 2E is available on Drivethru again, is there a possibility that there will be a POD option in the future?
Be seeing you.

Paid a bod yn dwp

Post by Paid a bod yn dwp » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:41 am

Karl Sanford wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 pm
A thread has opened up about the new WFRP on the Basic Roleplay Forum (essentially Chaosium games). I thought would repeat one of the posts here because it essentially summarises how I feel the game should be:

"I enjoyed WHFRP 1st Edition immensely.

WHFRP 2nd Edition did Magis better than 1st and was all in all more balanced - but they neutered in some point by making more "political correct" (What was wrong mit "von Krieglitz-Untermensch"?) and generelly a more streamlined background and rules system came with a notion of taking things too seriously. I liked the gritty and tacky feel of the 1st Edition.

WHFRP 3rd Edition was not my system at all (though I bought quite a lot of it anyways), being too fidgety and boardgamy with all the tokens and funny special dice that were quite expensive, too.

So, I am hoping that I can withstand the urge to by this edition (FAT chance at that!) but if WHEN I buy it I hope for something that simply leaves out 3rd and goes back to the gritty, wacky feel of the simpler 1st edition - with working magic rules and a kiss on the cheek and kick in the behind to game balance, PC and all the rest that made 2nd such a "serious" game but maintaining the deeper background 2nd provided.

Oh yes, and nix the "Storm of Chaos" and give me my Empire back that is threatenend from the outside but really rotting from within! And make it whacky: Make the Imperial Chancelor Gerhard Merkel, name the mayor of Betonnia's capital Macronne, give me a bombastic ass-headed Chaos-Knight Tonhald von Trumpf as a villain etc. THAT is MY Warhammer!"

Pretty much sums it up for me. I really hope that Cubicle 7 managed to hit that sweet spot mix of adventure, horror and humour that made first edition and The Enemy Within so loved.
Well said the "imbalance" of 1ed was colourful in play, and fitted thematically with WFRP society & its inequality :ugeek:

Arioch1973

Post by Arioch1973 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:28 am

Inkidousamosa wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:38 pm
Regarding Warhammer 40,000 RPG, I Just fond the information yesterday:

http://www.ulisses-us.com/games/warhamm ... -roleplay/
Yeah, I did see that. And it kind of made me sad. I really like DH/DH2. And I was hoping Cubicle would pick it up again, and continue the line.

Paid a bod yn dwp

Post by Paid a bod yn dwp » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:44 am

Excited to find out how the Old World is going to be interpreted in the new edition.

Probably due a sneak preview any minute now :)

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 am

I'm guessing with the photos of promo stuff at GenCon, we'll have to wait until the chaps of C7 return from there to get something more concrete on the website.

GRAAK

Post by GRAAK » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Have I missed anything juice or there has been no news about wfrp 4 aside of "no kickstarter, normal release"?

If so....disappointed :(

Utherix

Post by Utherix » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:42 pm

GRAAK wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Have I missed anything juice or there has been no news about wfrp 4 aside of "no kickstarter, normal release"?

If so....disappointed :(
No news at all. It's interesting to see the difference between Ulisses, who immediately set up a whole dedicated FAQ page complete with art for their re-imagining of Warhammer 40k RPG, and Cubicle 7, who hasn't released any information at all or attempted to hype the release in any way.