Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Paid a bod yn dwp

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Paid a bod yn dwp » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Robin Low wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 pm
It might not be all about balance, but about focus
Yes agreed, its the focus thats important in finding the right balance for a game like WFRP. I think cubicle 7 have already proved themselves expert in this regard, so i'll look forward to the results.

As long as we don't have a cover crammed full of fighting armies in the WFB style, i'll be happy. It needs to reflect nuances and intrigue of the Old World, not just all out war. Bit of conflict is fine, in fact I quite like the retro idea of a party of adventurers involved in a potentially violent encounter, but make it interesting, exciting, intriguing. Whatever cubicle 7 come up with I'm confident it will hit the right notes.

Grey Seer

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Grey Seer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Hey C7! Time for some new news!
-Greyh

Orin J.

Post by Orin J. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:37 pm

i wonder, will they only produce new content, or do they have license to reprint/overhaul older products? being able to actually get my hands on castle drachenfels would be a treat, and with there being a videogame tied to the 3rd edition adventure edge of night, making it compatible with the new edition would be nice as well. there could even be a tabletop die in adventure after!

i also wonder if they'll advertise for submissions at any point or if they're only taking in-house ideas....i'd love to bring back the Fimir to more than my own little player group, there's a lot of use for them with only a little prodding to how their lore is approached.

Ghostwriter

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Orin J. wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:37 pm
... and with there being a videogame tied to the 3rd edition adventure edge of night...
Which videogame is that? I'd be interested in it.

Orin J.

Post by Orin J. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Ghostwriter wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 pm
Orin J. wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:37 pm
... and with there being a videogame tied to the 3rd edition adventure edge of night...
Which videogame is that? I'd be interested in it.
http://www.vermintide.com/

hope you like melee-focused co-op games.

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Well C7... It's getting pretty quiet over here... Time to dangle another tidbit in front of the masses....
-Greyh

Alvi_Leiz

Post by Alvi_Leiz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 am

C7 please create a new nice travel system to WHFRPG, likes the One Ring. The Old World is extense, I like to see a nice hexagon travel map with marked zones. It would be great not change the cores system of WHFRPG, the d100, the professions, etc. But, if you create a supplements likes "The Heart of the Wild" and you split the empire provinces or other zones, with a lot of decriptions and content. This will be new and awesome in Warhammer Fantasy RPG.

Utherix

Post by Utherix » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:17 am

Alvi_Leiz wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 am
C7 please create a new nice travel system to WHFRPG, likes the One Ring. The Old World is extense, I like to see a nice hexagon travel map with marked zones. It would be great not change the cores system of WHFRPG, the d100, the professions, etc. But, if you create a supplements likes "The Heart of the Wild" and you split the empire provinces or other zones, with a lot of decriptions and content. This will be new and awesome in Warhammer Fantasy RPG.
WFRP really doesn't emphasize travel and rationing, etc. They're more about a larger narratives dotted with social and combat encounters. Though I do kind of like hex-crawl systems.

dottwatson

Post by dottwatson » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi,
are there other news?

Is it possible to have an initial preview of the "new" game? (as ffg/wfrp3)
La Locanda delle due Lune - www.wfrp.it

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:29 am

Hi All,
We appreciate and share your enthusiasm! We'll update with some more WFRP news, perhaps some pictures, as soon as they're ready to share.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!