Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Corvo

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Corvo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Syntezz wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:59 am
Quote from https://grimandperilous.com/warhammer-f ... unplugged/:

Q: We’ve heard this game will be out by the end of the year, is it still on track for a release around Christmas?

A: He has seen the cover art and it’s great, but it is very unlikely to be out by the end of the calendar year. What they meant was that it will be out before the end of the Fiscal Year, or sometime in the early Summer of 2018.

No WFRP in 2017 for ya!

Just wandering what was the idea in promesing it "later this year"?
You forgot to copy-paste the most relevant bit:
"Hungry for a grim & perilous, spiritual successor to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in the meanwhile? You can grab Zweihänder Grim & Perilous in PDF format for $..."

This was the only purpose of an article that contains only rumors ;)

FeloniousMonk

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by FeloniousMonk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Corvo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:32 pm
Syntezz wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:59 am
Quote from https://grimandperilous.com/warhammer-f ... unplugged/:

Q: We’ve heard this game will be out by the end of the year, is it still on track for a release around Christmas?

A: He has seen the cover art and it’s great, but it is very unlikely to be out by the end of the calendar year. What they meant was that it will be out before the end of the Fiscal Year, or sometime in the early Summer of 2018.

No WFRP in 2017 for ya!

Just wandering what was the idea in promesing it "later this year"?
You forgot to copy-paste the most relevant bit:
"Hungry for a grim & perilous, spiritual successor to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in the meanwhile? You can grab Zweihänder Grim & Perilous in PDF format for $..."

Those aren't 'rumors', they were direct from the horse's mouth by Cubicle 7's marketing team at PAX Unplugged.

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:49 pm

FeloniousMonk wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:00 pm
(...)
Those aren't 'rumors', they were direct from the horse's mouth by Cubicle 7's marketing team at PAX Unplugged.
From the article linked:
"The employee I spoke to was very excited about the upcoming 4e as a player, but wasn’t on that specific marketing team"

FeloniousMonk

Post by FeloniousMonk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:13 pm

Corvo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:49 pm
FeloniousMonk wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:00 pm
(...)
From the article linked:
"The employee I spoke to was very excited about the upcoming 4e as a player, but wasn’t on that specific marketing team"

If this information isn't true (and I am sure it is), then C7 needs to take ownership of what their employees are saying, and correct the story. Otherwise, it should be taken as a fact, given that it came out of C7's mouthpiece at PAX Unplugged.

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am

Corvo wrote:

Even if you are right we have nothing else to rely on. I'd be really glad if this is just a rumor and we will see wfrp 4 earlier. Unfortunately C7 is not into sharing any news about wfrp. So any bit of information that can be squeezed on cons and expos is good. I'd love to ask them personally but they was not at igrocon in our Kislev.

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:17 am

Syntezz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am
Corvo wrote:

Even if you are right we have nothing else to rely on. I'd be really glad if this is just a rumor and we will see wfrp 4 earlier. Unfortunately C7 is not into sharing any news about wfrp. So any bit of information that can be squeezed on cons and expos is good. I'd love to ask them personally but they was not at igrocon in our Kislev.
I agree

Warden

Post by Warden » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:06 pm

From the Newsletter

“The initial plan was to make some small updates to the awesome second edition, and that would mean we would be able to release the game in 2017. We’re all huge fans of the first and second editions of WFRP, and we wanted to take the game back to those roots.

“When I got into the guts of the game I started seeing more opportunities to add in some of the things we’ve learned over the years. This more creative direction meant a longer development phase. Games Workshop are extremely supportive of us taking the time we need to make WFRP Fourth Edition the very best game it can be, and so that’s what we did. I’m very excited about the way things have come together!

The release of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition will be set for mid-2018, with a specific date to be set in a few months. Thank you for your patience while we invest the time to make the best game we can.”

Ah well. So, can we have the 1st ed pdf then, please?

The cover for the core rules is interesting. 1st ed had an ogre fighting pcs in some underground complex. But the new cover is a bit more in keeping with 2ed's theme, that of chaos being in your face and not skulking in the shadows. The reason I think this is because there you are, enjoying a mug of ale in the tavern, next thing you know, a huge mutant skaven is fighting adventurers right outside the tavern's entrance.

Robin Low

Post by Robin Low » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm

I love the two covers. A lot.

That logo needs to be taken out and shot. I really hope it's just a placeholder.

I'd be very interested in knowing who "all the Warhammer fans we’ve been talking to" actually are. Anyone know?

Regards,

Robin

Karl Sanford

Post by Karl Sanford » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Robin Low wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm
That logo needs to be taken out and shot. I really hope it's just a placeholder.
I presume it has to look that way because the'Warhammer' element has to be in Games Workshop Warhammer logo.

Robin Low

Post by Robin Low » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Karl Sanford wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:30 pm
Robin Low wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm
I presume it has to look that way because the'Warhammer' element has to be in Games Workshop Warhammer logo.
Yeah, I suspect you're probably right. It really is pretty awful though. The two styles simply do not work together, and the 'Warhmamer' bit of it just doesn't fit the tone of the game at all.

Which is rather a shame since the cover art is so damn good.

Regards,

Robin