Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Syntezz

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Syntezz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 am

Steelwind wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:22 am
Is there a way (traditionally) to bypass the level 0 phase and begin at "level 1"?
If I understood you correctly, heres how it works:
there are lots of basic careers starting from rat cathcer, bone picker and dung collector and ending with apprentice wizard, initiate and shieldbreaker. I'd say that all basic careers covers levels 0 and 1. But the thing is that starting careers determined by your race+dice result.

Orin J.

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Orin J. » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Syntezz wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 am
Steelwind wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:22 am
Is there a way (traditionally) to bypass the level 0 phase and begin at "level 1"?
If I understood you correctly, heres how it works:
there are lots of basic careers starting from rat cathcer, bone picker and dung collector and ending with apprentice wizard, initiate and shieldbreaker. I'd say that all basic careers covers levels 0 and 1. But the thing is that starting careers determined by your race+dice result.
you can usually get to choose what class you want to start with, unless the gamemaster running the show isn't in the mood for that sort of thing. 's all in good fun after all. no need to deny someone if they have an idea they really like, is there now?

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Orin J. wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:55 pm
you can usually get to choose what class you want to start with, unless the gamemaster running the show isn't in the mood for that sort of thing. 's all in good fun after all. no need to deny someone if they have an idea they really like, is there now?
I absolutely agree with you, I just described whole thing according to rulebook. My players prefer to choose one of four random careers. Sometimes it's pretty fun to see how some hedge wizard will try to go up wizard ranks and avoid of turning to warlock.

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 pm

I hope we get news soon. There is only 2 months left in the year and I'm concerned we won't have a release before Christmas at this point. :cry:
-Greyh

Borri

Post by Borri » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Grey Seer wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 pm
I hope we get news soon. There is only 2 months left in the year and I'm concerned we won't have a release before Christmas at this point. :cry:
Asking C7 for news is like ordering an automated 'keep an eye on the website' reply :lol:
Best you get is an art-preview of a cover once in a while before they officially release a product. There are no design diaries or else.

My guess: Pre-Order will start in early december with the PDF beeing released in the week before christmas. I donˋthink anybody at C7 wants to miss christmas sales with WFRP 4. The physical book could then follow around April.

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:29 am

Borri wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm
Asking C7 for news is like ordering an automated 'keep an eye on the website' reply :lol:
Best you get is an art-preview of a cover once in a while before they officially release a product. There are no design diaries or else.
Well that's cruel. I'd rather have some suggestion on the release date and some sneak peek would be great. It's like itching skin under the bondage that you can't acratch until the bondage is removed.

Smellminster

Post by Smellminster » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Ohoy lads and ladettes!
I was happy to learn that the Old World was to be revived again, and as an avid 2nd edition GM I really hope that cubicle7 brings back the feeling of "dirt-farming"!
And don't forget us norscans! We sometimes travel south for work!

Borri

Post by Borri » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Syntezz wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:29 am
Well that's cruel. I'd rather have some suggestion on the release date and some sneak peek would be great. It's like itching skin under the bondage that you can't acratch until the bondage is removed.
Indeed. But one gets used to it. :lol:

filupro

Post by filupro » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:48 am

First of all, I wanna say I cannot wait for this new edition to launch!

My players and I we are mostly 1st and second edition veterans, but we did give 3rd edition a try. What I really liked about the third was the narrative dice system. For us, it changes combat especially, from more static to more dynamic one. I liked the number of different attacks/actions the player could choose instead of just simply attack/charge (except for the social interactions, we found pointless wasting your xp on a social skill ability). Nevertheless, after a while we found this system highly uncomfortable and time consuming. When we had a longer break between sessions, setting the game up with all the counters, cards adds and stuff sometimes consumed couple hours. Remembering all the additional stuff around the players gave us a lot of trouble.
But as I stated before, I really liked the dice system. That's why I was thinking about running second edition on the Genesys engine and see how it works, while they removed all the unnecessary stuff and left the dice. What do you guys think?

Then I read about the 4th edition and I just can't wait to see it coming! I really hope they refreshed the d100 system and made combat a little more dynamic.

pnprpg.com

Post by pnprpg.com » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Hey C7

will there be simple mass battle rules as in Savage Worlds?