Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Otaku-sempai

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Otaku-sempai » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Grey Seer wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:43 pm
Drooling...waiting for more! I hope we get some news soon. I can't wait to see what C7 has for us!
Keep an eye on the Quick News Update at the C7 homepage.
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition
Our design cues are coming from the first and second editions of the game.
Initial releases will be a Starter Set and Core Rulebook.
Release date as yet unannounced.

2nd Edition WFRP PDFs are available now from DrivethruRPG
And:
Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game
We are making a separate game line for The Age of Sigmar, distinct from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.
Release date as yet unannounced.
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grey Seer

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Grey Seer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks! But that info has all been out there for a while. I'm hoping for some new juicy info
-Greyh

Karl Sanford

Post by Karl Sanford » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 pm

This thread sums up how I feel about the new edition, in particular the desire for Martin McKenna type art:

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?80 ... st21367643

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 am

Yeah, McKenna gave us a lot of very atmospheric art.

I'm eager to see what look Jon choose for the fourth edition

Paid a bod yn dwp

Post by Paid a bod yn dwp » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Super pleased cubicle 7 are moving back to classic WFRP 1ed timeline. The original WFRP themes are at their best here - The enemy within etc.

I'd be interested to see whether more of 1ed background will be embraced as well? How will magic be presented? Bretonnia as more of a 1ed french pre-revolution model with complete with swashbuckling characters in floppy hats , or 2ed shinny knights of the Grail medieval? Will we have 1ed pantheon etc?

look forward to hearing news on this new edition, and the shape of things to come

Trippy

Post by Trippy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 am

Actually, could their be some merit in re-doing the Enemy Within campaign - with a full colour graphic overhaul - as a new series of books?

fritsk

Post by fritsk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:41 am

Trippy wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 am
Actually, could their be some merit in re-doing the Enemy Within campaign - with a full colour graphic overhaul - as a new series of books?
I'd rather see a new campaign that takes its lessons from the Enemy Within and everything that has been published since that has new content and an even better gaming experience. FFG also redid the Enemy Within for 3rd edition, so simply redoing it again sounds a bit easy and not very creative.

Trippy

Post by Trippy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:01 am

I'm not talking about the 3E approach of simply taking the iconic name The Enemy Within and then writing up a new campaign that had some references to it. I'm talking about actually rereleasing the original campaign as it was, but with graphical overhaul and tidying up. the original campaign has actually been out of print for some time now, and is a classic. It's the same approach that Chaosium are taking with updating their Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign.

And there is no reason why you can't make new material, scenarios and campaigns to publish alongside re-releasing old classics to a new generation either.

fritsk

Post by fritsk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Nah, I'd rather they just put up a good pdf of the original like they did with the 1st ed. rulebook and use their resources on new content. Cubicle7 doesn't have unlimited time and money and I'd prefer to concentrate on new and exciting stuff.

Karl Sanford

Post by Karl Sanford » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 am

Trippy wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:01 am
I'm not talking about the 3E approach of simply taking the iconic name The Enemy Within and then writing up a new campaign that had some references to it. I'm talking about actually rereleasing the original campaign as it was, but with graphical overhaul and tidying up. the original campaign has actually been out of print for some time now, and is a classic. It's the same approach that Chaosium are taking with updating their Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign.

And there is no reason why you can't make new material, scenarios and campaigns to publish alongside re-releasing old classics to a new generation either.

< Absolutely this.

The Enemy Within needs a proper ending chapter. Empire In Flames was a complete let down - far too railroading, PCs as spectators etc (this sums up the issues: http://ageofravens.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... mmers.html)

Also the Kislev chapter could do with some tinkering, far too railroading again.

I'm hoping that Cubicle 7 use the Enemy Within anniversary to do something really special with the greatest (but flawed...) campaign ever published. And like you say, there's nothing to stop Cubicle 7 publishing new material (a la Chaosium). Here's hoping for a new series that can rival and stand alongside a 'remastered' Enemy Within on my bookshelf...