Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Warhammer Strawpoll

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Warhammer Strawpoll » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm

I really hope something gets released soon. Even the number of pages would be something.

CapnZapp

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by CapnZapp » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Warden wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:23 pm
The way I see it, C7 is not obligated to give us anything and we have no right to expect anything.
As long as they don't mind us reminding them they're not giving us anything, fair deal.

Orin J.

Post by Orin J. » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:07 pm

lordmalachdrim wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:00 pm
I just want to see more so I know if it is worth my time to wait for this game or if I should just go with**********.
i'm in much the same boat. i'm like as not to buy the adventure modules regardless if only to cannibalize them for when they derail my own stuff too far, but i can't expect to get a group back together over rumors and if there isn't anything worth it i may as well pick up my stuff and stick with another game in the hopes they'll get bored and agree to join me in playing 2nd ed again.

i understand they have their schedule and they might not have time to make previews, but if you say nothing the fanbase assumes nothing's happening.

Aiwendil

Post by Aiwendil » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 pm

Orin J. wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:07 pm
i understand they have their schedule and they might not have time to make previews, but if you say nothing the fanbase assumes nothing's happening.
Spot on.

Enevhar Aldarion

Post by Enevhar Aldarion » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:09 am

I am sure there are quite a few people who never paid any attention to C7 before they made the deal with Games Workshop, but C7 has never been one to show a bunch of previews for any of their games or supplements. And even when they did, they did not happen very far in advance of the release of the books. This is not WotC of 3rd and 4th edition D&D where they listed out their production schedule 12 months in advance. Or WotC or Paizo with their long playtest periods for the release of 5th edition or Pathfinder. Also, I think I said this once before in one of the threads here, or maybe on EnWorld, but for all we know, it is Games Workshop restricting them from previewing any of the 4th edition material til they are sure it is the way they want it to be. So maybe everyone should pester them for release info, rather than C7.

And one other thing, unless I missed it, I have not seen a single peep from C7 denying or debunking the claim that this will release in June at UK Games Expo. Plus, to wrap all this up, in May there is the big Warhammer Fest in the middle of the month, so maybe they want to do the announce and reveal at that time, with the books being available to buy in June.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 am

For books to be available at Expo in June or even at the Warhammer thingie next month they would have to have gone to press about three months back regardless of where they are being printed. Note that the most recent One Ring adventure supplement went up for preorder Nov 1st 2017 and arrived here Monday.

General C7 policy seems to be to put a book up for pre-order and then send it to the printers. The completed books arrive around 3 months later or so.

With Warhmmer 4e being such a big property I'd expect a big announcement for a pre-order, unless GW say otherwise, and then the pdf being sent out at that point. Now it might be that C7 and GW want to make a big splash at Expo and already have the printed material on the way but only C7 and GW know and no amount of wild speculation by fanbois will change that.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

AdolphusAltdorfer

Post by AdolphusAltdorfer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:21 am

Hermes Serpent wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 am
For books to be available at Expo in June or even at the Warhammer thingie next month they would have to have gone to press about three months back regardless of where they are being printed.
True that. For launch at GE the game has had to be finished some time ago. That makes it even more frustrating that no previews have dropped.

I must complement all the people involved for adhering to their NDA's. Cubicle 7 is running a tight ship, they could teach even Apple a thing or few about that. :D

/A
The Altdorf Correspondent

Download the most detailed map of the Old World city of Altdorf and hit the streets in search of grim and perilous adventure.

http://altdorfer.blogspot.se/2012/12/ia ... nload.html

T.S. Luikart

Post by T.S. Luikart » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 pm

AdolphusAltdorfer wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:21 am
I must complement all the people involved for adhering to their NDA's. Cubicle 7 is running a tight ship, they could teach even Apple a thing or few about that. :D

/A
It helps when the gent holding the NDA has a big red mohawk, a bigger axe, and no discernible sense of humour.
TS Luikart
Cubicle 7

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:19 pm

T.S. Luikart wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 pm
It helps when the gent holding the NDA has a big red mohawk, a bigger axe, and no discernible sense of humour.
This made my day. LOL 😁
-Greyh

Robin Low

Post by Robin Low » Wed May 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Earlier in the thread I wrote:

Robin Low wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:04 am

I hope that C7 understands the nature of the beast. Some people have hoped for a game like The One Ring, something that's focused on fitting the nature and themes of its source material. The problem with WFRP is that the existing audience has widely and sometime wildly differing views on what WFRP is about. Creating a game as tightly focused as The One Ring will not work for WFRP. It needs to be flexible, possibly modular. A system where you can swap out Colour Magic with dice rolls for colourless but no less flavoursome branches of magic with magic points, or a mix of the two. A system were investigators can also hit things with big stick if they feel the need. A system where damage hurts, but where sometimes mighty heroes can battle stand against Daemons. Or not. A system where a single career can be rewarding for life if you want it, but where career hopping can proceed convincingly.

Nobody can say 'this is WFRP; this is what WFRP is about,' because none of us can agree, and our own games are as valid as anyone else's, even when they wrong. In terms of a WFRP4 core book, we need a game that's essentially a Christmas tree onto which we can hang whatever style of decoration we want. As long as the Christmas tree's a good one, most fans will buy a whatever decorations are on offer, as well as presents to put under it.
Now C7 have said:

Something that is really core to our WFRP is that we’ve created tools for you to play your Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. We recognise and support that everyone plays their own version of the rules and the setting, and we fully embrace and encourage that. It’s your game! With 30 years of history under its belt, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay means a lot of things to a huge number of players.

So, I'm feeling quite positive right now.

Regards,

Robin