Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Grey Seer

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Grey Seer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Landuin le Breton wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:29 pm
Yup - a forum would be appreciated.

Yes, we need a forum badly. I'm hoping this will come soon!
-Greyh

silverfoxdmt73

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:54 pm

At the moment though, a forum would just be full of the same speculation and expectations that the 4-5 threads here are full of.

Once the game is on pre-order or released then fair enough, we can talk specifics.

Aknorian

Post by Aknorian » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 am

C'mon boys. Post some Info.

Orin J.

Post by Orin J. » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 am

One has to hope there IS more info to post at this point. then again, if they were to post "we blew it, and we gotta start from the foundations on this one" i guess it wouldn't look good on them y'know? maybe no news is meant to be good news? :lol:

Geomtje

Post by Geomtje » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Orin J. wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 am
One has to hope there IS more info to post at this point. then again, if they were to post "we blew it, and we gotta start from the foundations on this one" i guess it wouldn't look good on them y'know? maybe no news is meant to be good news? :lol:
Any news is better than no news in my honest opinion. At least manage my expectations instead of not knowing what to expect...

But that’s me..
J.J.R. Tolkien wrote:...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:22 am

+1 Geomtje
The King is dead! Long live the King!

Marchiavel

Post by Marchiavel » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:27 pm

The setting in WFRP 1st edition is more logical choice, because of the technological advancement, quite the same as Karl Franz's Empire (about 16th-17th century).

However, I doubt it will be, because of the 2nd edition, that develop the arthurian Bretonnia.

EvilSpaceOrc

Post by EvilSpaceOrc » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:54 pm

we blew it, and we gotta start from the foundations
I can't imagine it's going to be botched, just refreshing 2ed + bestiary in one big book would be the best thing on the market right away.

On the other hand, if you know the story of kickstarter System Shock remake where they made way more money they expected and started tinkering with expanding scope and overspending - nearly getting the game cancelled - makes you think that those things happen. I still keep fingers crossed it's going to be just some minor quality of life improvements. :shock:

Marchiavel

Post by Marchiavel » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:54 am

Two months to go !

Paid a bod yn dwp

Post by Paid a bod yn dwp » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:32 pm

How do people feel about the new cover of WFRP 4ed? I think Its great, but something feels slightly off to me. I think its to do with the giant rat ogre?
The small head feels odd ( I'm sure its deliberate - over sized rat experiment and all that) but as a large focal point in the picture it feels slightly odd. It could also be that the rat ogre arm and shoulder nearer to us needs to be contrasted a bit more to bring it forward/nearer the viewer? The nearer arm and shoulder feels flatter in comparison to the further arm, giving a slightly odd sense to the anatomy and depth of the picture. I wonder if a bit more definition/contrast in that area could help bring it nearer to the viewer, and further help the sense of the rat Ogres giant bulk?