The Black Archive

All the Cubicle 7 news
Beran

The Black Archive

Post by Beran » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:33 am

Where can we put errata suggestions for this book?

Beran

Re: The Black Archive

Post by Beran » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Well, I guess I can put this here. Unless I have greatly misunderstood something (or missed one whooper of a Dr Who storyline), there is a pretty big geographical error in the BA sourcebook. The description of Atlantis has it located near the Mariana Trench located in the North Atlantic. It should be in the Western Pacific.

misterharry

Post by misterharry » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:48 pm

It's the reference to the Mariana Trench which is wrong. In Doctor Who, Atlantis is located in the Atlantic, "West of Gibraltar, South of the Azores".

But I think this is the wrong forum for discussion of the DWRPG.

Beran

Post by Beran » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:24 pm

misterharry wrote:It's the reference to the Mariana Trench which is wrong. In Doctor Who, Atlantis is located in the Atlantic, "West of Gibraltar, South of the Azores".

But I think this is the wrong forum for discussion of the DWRPG.
Interesting. However, it isn't meant as a discussion piece. I was pointing out an error in hope that it was corrected in the print book...if there is time. The Dr Who RPG forum is rather slow traffic wise, and I thought it better to post here for it's better turn around time.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Beran, you seem to have confused Atlantis with the lost civilization of Mu, which should be located in the Pacific Ocean. Atlantis is supposed to be in the Atlantic Ocean (hence the similarity of the names).
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Beran

Post by Beran » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:44 am

Ok, my fault for posting before I had the direct information handy.

pg. 33 Under the heading "Atlantis"
"Atlantis is the name of UNIT’s base along the Mariana Trench deep within the North Atlantic Ocean."

My point is that the Mariana Trench is in the Western Pacific, not the North Atlantic.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:32 am

Beran wrote:pg. 33 Under the heading "Atlantis"
"Atlantis is the name of UNIT’s base along the Mariana Trench deep within the North Atlantic Ocean."

My point is that the Mariana Trench is in the Western Pacific, not the North Atlantic.
Ah, that's different! In an odd coincidence, the DC Entertainment direct-to-video animated movie Justice League: Throne of Atlantis made the exact same error.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Beran

Post by Beran » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:35 am

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Beran wrote:pg. 33 Under the heading "Atlantis"

Ah, that's different! In an odd coincidence, the DC Entertainment direct-to-video animated movie Justice League: Throne of Atlantis made the exact same error.
Really. Wow! Don't remember that. To be honest I'm not really sure where the mistake could be made. There are two Oceanic Trenches in the Atlantic, but they are too far South. I suppose there could be any number of major Troughs in the region. :shrug:

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Whoops! We'll get that updated! Thanks Beran!
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Beran

Post by Beran » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:33 am

Jon Hodgson wrote:Whoops! We'll get that updated! Thanks Beran!
Happy to be of assistance.