Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

All the Cubicle 7 news
thewisewizard
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by thewisewizard » Mon May 22, 2017 9:03 pm

I think it will be set in the old world. Its been 2 years now and there hasn't been a single AOS video game but a plethora of Warhammer fantasy games since AOS came out.

SaFe
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 6:54 am

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by SaFe » Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 am

thewisewizard wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:03 pm
I think it will be set in the old world. Its been 2 years now and there hasn't been a single AOS video game but a plethora of Warhammer fantasy games since AOS came out.
I really hope you're right about this, but i think you can't compare video games with tabletop/RPG games.
Miniatures could be sold as an asset to the RPG, but not really for a video game.

Let's just hope for the best.

Karl Sanford
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:13 am

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by Karl Sanford » Tue May 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Can we get a deluxe Enemy Within set with a proper ending?

thewisewizard
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by thewisewizard » Tue May 23, 2017 5:20 pm

SaFe wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 am
thewisewizard wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:03 pm
I think it will be set in the old world. Its been 2 years now and there hasn't been a single AOS video game but a plethora of Warhammer fantasy games since AOS came out.
I really hope you're right about this, but i think you can't compare video games with tabletop/RPG games.
Miniatures could be sold as an asset to the RPG, but not really for a video game.

Let's just hope for the best.
This is true but the staple monsters of warhammer fantasy are still sold (orcs, beastmen, marauders, etc). I would hope gw cashes in on this and has some kind of bundle to get all the common enemies for the rpg.

silverfoxdmt73
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 pm

They still support Blood Bowl both in physical form as well as video game as well as Total War: Warhammer, Vermintide, Warhammer Quest etc, so I don't think they've totally dropped all Old World support.

Warmaster
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:36 am

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by Warmaster » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:42 am

I was so happy to hear that we were getting another edition of Fantasy role-play.

I hope this is a good opportunity for new adventure books, background books and maybe some new artwork.

Lord Kragan
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 am

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by Lord Kragan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:23 pm

Grey Seer wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 pm
SaFe wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 8:39 pm


I think from a economical point of view it just makes no sense for GW to give Cubicle7 the rights for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in the Old World without any chance to participate in a product not supported by their current tabletop miniatures for AoS.
Sadly, while I hope you are wrong, I think you are probably right. My only hope is that the wishy-washy nature of the new world that is Age of Sigmar would be pretty terrible for a RPG setting.
Not really, it's in the same ( better actually) situation WHFB was prior to WFRP1E. This RP will be the golden chance to fully flesh the ofshoots already seeded and beginning to develop. Both for AoS and for WHFB
Last edited by Lord Kragan on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverfoxdmt73
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Lord Kragan wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:23 pm
Grey Seer wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 pm
SaFe wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 8:39 pm


I think from a economical point of view it just makes no sense for GW to give Cubicle7 the rights for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in the Old World without any chance to participate in a product not supported by their current tabletop miniatures for AoS.
Sadly, while I hope you are wrong, I think you are probably right. My only hope is that the wishy-washy nature of the new world that is Age of Sigmar would be pretty terrible for a RPG setting.
Not really, it's in the same ( better actually) situation WHFB was prior to WFRP1E. This RP will be the golden chance to fully flesh the ofshoots already seeded and beginning to develop.
I would agree Lord Kragan, provided GW doesn't shackle the development team, Cubicle 7 are ideally placed to explore and expand on lore not yet fully fleshed out. I do sincerely hope they go beyond the borders of the Empire, Kislev and Brettonia.

Lord Kragan
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 am

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by Lord Kragan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:55 pm

silverfoxdmt73 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:47 pm
Lord Kragan wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:23 pm
Grey Seer wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 pm


Sadly, while I hope you are wrong, I think you are probably right. My only hope is that the wishy-washy nature of the new world that is Age of Sigmar would be pretty terrible for a RPG setting.
Not really, it's in the same ( better actually) situation WHFB was prior to WFRP1E. This RP will be the golden chance to fully flesh the ofshoots already seeded and beginning to develop.
I would agree Lord Kragan, provided GW doesn't shackle the development team, Cubicle 7 are ideally placed to explore and expand on lore not yet fully fleshed out. I do sincerely hope they go beyond the borders of the Empire, Kislev and Brettonia.
I'm honestly not seeing them going to the east too soon. Eventually? Yeah, most likely. But the old world is the heart land of the setting so they will need to lay foundations to play (and have new stories) there.

Orin J.
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:31 am

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Post by Orin J. » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:52 am

i am mostly hopeful they retain the causal "beer & pretzels" air to the game, which always proved to be a bit advantage in getting new players to enjoy themselves. high drama is good and all, but sometimes having a game that can go from battling the forces of evil in their stronghold to trying to catch someone's missing pet dog so the group can avoid going to prison is a big advantage, and WFRP always kept an air of "yeah whatever" that did that well...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest