Lone Wolf Adventure Game shaping up

All the Cubicle 7 news
Dom
Site Admin

Re: Lone Wolf Adventure Game shaping up

Post by Dom » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Rich H wrote:
Dom wrote:The material queued up for the Multiplayer Gamebook line will be released, formatted for the new Adventure Game, so you'll still be getting the books that were announced (along with new titles yet to be announced)
Just a quick question Dom, are there any plans to releasing the older material in the new line? I appreciate that it will be backwards compatible but I'd like to see C7's production values, etc applied to the older products that Mongoose released.

Also, will the format of the new line be the same size/dimensions as the old Mongoose stuff?
Thanks Rich, we haven't finalised exact formats yet, but I'm looking at something a similar size as the old Mongoose products at the moment. And yes, we will be revisiting the books released in the Multiplayer Gamebook line.
Dominic McDowall
CEO - Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Revisiting the older release is awesome news! To be honest, if you're doing this then I'm less precious about the format - it would be more of an issue to get matching format if you weren't going back; you know how the collector in us likes things to be!

... Joe did an awesome job when Mongoose stopped publishing the gamebooks; the new publisher has released further books in the series in pretty much the exact same format which is really respectful to the customer and to our (delicate?) sensibilities regarding collections!

Thanks!
TOR resources thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
TOR miniatures thread: viewtopic.php?t=885

Fellowship of the Free Tale of Years: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8318

Phantomdoodler

Post by Phantomdoodler » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:02 pm

I think that my concern from the most recent Mongoose game was that the system felt too simplistic- fine for 1st time gamers but I could never run it with my experienced gamer friends ,who expect more sophistication in character creation (not just roll 2 stats and pick a class and 5 disciplines). From what's been said here, I feel more optimistic now. I hope the designers take note of AFF which manages to feel very much like fighting fantasy, while at the same time providing enough to satisfy more experienced players.I look forward to seeing the result.
Justin Wyatt

SaFe

Post by SaFe » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Well, after reading the comments from Dom I feel a little better for the game.
I have definately a soft spot in my heart for Lone Wolf, having Flight from the Dark gifted as a present more than 25 years ago and as Phantomdoodler said, the more than basic rules are just too - hm - basic for my taste and the taste of the group I'm playing with.
Nonetheless I totally understand what Rich said, different people - different tastes.

Phantomdoodler

Post by Phantomdoodler » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:30 pm

I grew up with Lone Wolf. I remember distinctly the day I picked up my copy of Fire on the Water from my local Martins newsagent. Flight form the Dark was great, but the second book seemed like a credible, living world that I ached to roleplay in. I kind of got obsessed and began writing down copious notes on all the creatures, herbs, personalities, and well everything as I began collecting the books. I even got the Giak attack lead figure set, my first experience with painting miniatures, and at the same game store acquired my first 10 sided dice! The Magnamund Companion (what an amazing book) brought me the Giak language, Brotherhood spells and well just an incredible resource. I started adapting roleplaying games (largely wfrp) and experimented with a few scenarios. The poster book and graphic novel fuelled my interests even further and I read the Legends of Lone Wolf series. Several years later I got the d20 version and remember getting annoyed at the mistakes (Itikar are giant vultures!) but at least Lone Wolf was back. Then the multiplayer came out and although I got all the books - well as a resource if nothing else, I just couldnt get to grips with the simplicity of it, although if I had kids, it would be totally what I would have run. So, when I heard about C7's adventure game, I began to get excited again. It may be the game I have wanted to run for 30 years. It may not, but at least it will be the definitive Lone Wolf game that Mr Dever wants, and thats ok with me.
Justin Wyatt

mthomason

Post by mthomason » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:05 am

Phantomdoodler wrote:I grew up with Lone Wolf. I remember distinctly the day I picked up my copy of Fire on the Water from my local Martins newsagent.
Hehe, for me it was the boxed set of Flight from the Dark and Fire from the Water, along with the ZX Spectrum tapes for each (although I can't remember if each book came with its game, or if it was a box of both games and both books, only that I got them both at once.) from WH Smith in Ipswich.

SaFe

Post by SaFe » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:04 am

I've took a look at the maps to preorder.
King of Sommerlund is Myranar (sp?)
Interesting, never heard of him, so the question is when is the start date of the game - definately not MS 5050 in this case.

SaFe

Post by SaFe » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:10 am

I've took a look at the maps to preorder.
King of Sommerlund is Myranar (sp?)
Interesting, never heard of him, so the question is when is the start date of the game - definately not MS 5050 in this case.

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:02 pm

SaFe wrote:Interesting, never heard of him, so the question is when is the start date of the game - definately not MS 5050 in this case.
The maps all depict lands at MS5000.
TOR resources thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
TOR miniatures thread: viewtopic.php?t=885

Fellowship of the Free Tale of Years: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8318

GregS

Post by GregS » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:21 pm

I have to say I am disappointed at the continuation of the Multiplayer book. I won't be able to convince anyone to play it. There weren't many rules but those there were were seriously flawed or needed major clarifications.

That said, as an obsesive collector of LW stuff, I will probably buy it anyway. :oops: