Re: WFRP Pre-order Opens This Week!

Post by Enevhar Aldarion » Thu May 03, 2018 7:40 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 pm
CapnZapp wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:11 pm
Jon Hodgson wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:54 am
Word to the wise - give your refresh buttons a rest until mid-afternoon UK time. :)
Guess you meant the preorder. Not the opening of the forums...
It looks like you'll get a forum when the game comes out. Fingers crossed!
So next month when the PDFs release? Or not til July when the physical copies release?

Oh, and for everyone still posting in this thread, there is now another thread for the actual pre-order, with FAQ and everything! :)

Aiwendil

Post by Aiwendil » Thu May 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Finally! Confirmation the game is releasing! Very exciting news!

I am also looking forward to a dedicated forum as I count at least four separate threads in the NEWS section now devoted to the fourth edition...

... but more importantly, I am VERY MUCH looking forward to some info about the 4th edition mechanics. While I am a big fan of C7 when it comes to quality, it's the ruleset that will sell me on the new edition. Please allow us to take a peek under the hood! ;)

CapnZapp

Post by CapnZapp » Thu May 03, 2018 10:16 pm

Aiwendil wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:40 pm
... but more importantly, I am VERY MUCH looking forward to some info about the 4th edition mechanics. While I am a big fan of C7 when it comes to quality, it's the ruleset that will sell me on the new edition. Please allow us to take a peek under the hood! ;)
I trust you know of the existing tidbits? That the game is inspired by 1E and 2E, and that it originally was scheduled for last December and postponed because they realized they wanted to make something greater (suggesting a relatively modest initial goal).

What I mean to say, better to be pleasantly surprised by new mechanics than disappointed by the lack of them! :)

Aiwendil

Post by Aiwendil » Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 pm

CapnZapp wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:16 pm
I trust you know of the existing tidbits? That the game is inspired by 1E and 2E, and that it originally was scheduled for last December and postponed because they realized they wanted to make something greater (suggesting a relatively modest initial goal). What I mean to say, better to be pleasantly surprised by new mechanics than disappointed by the lack of them! :)
Aware and thus cautiously optimistic... but nothing beats hard evidence to satiate expectations... ;)

Grey Seer

Post by Grey Seer » Fri May 04, 2018 11:45 am

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 pm
It looks like you'll get a forum when the game comes out. Fingers crossed!
Yeah! Very excited to have a place to discuss WFRP!
-Greyh

Orin J.

Post by Orin J. » Fri May 04, 2018 3:54 pm

does this mean i can swing over to my local games shop and pre-order or is it just directly through C7? i still prefer to by these things in proper stores, not least of all because it helps make sure they're aware of it....

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Fri May 04, 2018 4:38 pm

Orin J. wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:54 pm
does this mean i can swing over to my local games shop and pre-order or is it just directly through C7? i still prefer to by these things in proper stores, not least of all because it helps make sure they're aware of it....
Asked and answered:
Jon Hodgson wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:57 pm
Ron Blessing wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:32 pm
Wondering... are you making the PDF available in Bits & Mortar so retailers can take pre-orders and provide it?

Thanks!
We are.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."