WFRP Pre-order Opens This Week!

All the Cubicle 7 news
Jon Hodgson

WFRP Pre-order Opens This Week!

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed May 02, 2018 2:29 pm

http://cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-fantasy ... this-week/

The Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition pre-order opens later this week! To whet your appetite, here are 4 things you can expect from the new edition of this beloved game.

1. Your Warhammer for You!
Something that is really core to our WFRP is that we’ve created tools for you to play your Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. We recognise and support that everyone plays their own version of the rules and the setting, and we fully embrace and encourage that. It’s your game! With 30 years of history under its belt, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay means a lot of things to a huge number of players.

2. Ideal starting point
Not much experience with RPGs? The Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Starter Set is designed to be the ideal introduction, with a structured adventure to help you learn how to play. Also containing a guide to Ubersreik, there’s loads of gaming material for more experienced GMs too!

3. System matters
WFRP4 uses ten-sided dice, and a tuned-up version of the familiar d100 system. You can tailor the rules to your preferences or different in-game situations, choosing from a menu of fast ‘roll under’ Simple Tests, Dramatic Tests giving success levels where you need more than a ‘yes or no’ result, and even barely rolling at all, if that’s your style.

4. Passion for Warhammer
Our creative team are lifelong players of the three previous editions of the game, and between us we’ve worked on all these editions too! We bloomin’ love Warhammer, and we think it shows.

We’ll be bringing you more on WFRP4 regularly, so watch this space! And, very excitingly, pre-orders go live on Thursday…

http://cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-fantasy ... this-week/
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Grey Seer

Re: WFRP Pre-order Opens This Week!

Post by Grey Seer » Wed May 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Awesome! Any news if PDF is available at pre-order?

Edit: looks like more info on PDF to come out tomorrow per Facebook posts.
-Greyh

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Wed May 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Good news :)

farwyl

Post by farwyl » Wed May 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Great news! Can't wait to pre-order tomorrow, I hope the PDFs drop in soon! :)

totsuzenheni

Post by totsuzenheni » Wed May 02, 2018 10:03 pm

So Mr. Hodgson, what's the first and largest of those three tomes in the picture? I want that one.

Also, i've just noticed that it's releasing this week and i'm away. Do tell me that i won't miss out.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 pm

totsuzenheni wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:03 pm
So Mr. Hodgson, what's the first and largest of those three tomes in the picture? I want that one.

Also, i've just noticed that it's releasing this week and i'm away. Do tell me that i won't miss out.
That appears to be a deluxe boxed set.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

totsuzenheni

Post by totsuzenheni » Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 pm

Otaku-sempai wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 pm
totsuzenheni wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:03 pm

That appears to be a deluxe boxed set.
I suspect that's what it is, though i also suspect it might be a Realms of Sorcery type of book because of the winds of magic symbols.

Ghal Maraz

Post by Ghal Maraz » Thu May 03, 2018 6:19 am

Or The Enemy Within Director's Cut all in one box? (As they don't necessarily need to update the various Guide to the Empire, River Life of the Empire and Warhammer City material this time around.)

But I'm guessing deluxe boxed set too.

Thoradin

Post by Thoradin » Thu May 03, 2018 7:09 am

Trawled the web site store pages and can’t see anything yet. Been waiting soooo long for this. This is tense!

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Thu May 03, 2018 7:35 am

I think I must have all three items... It's like a KS obsession :lol:
And today is Thursday - but I can't order now :( Ok, a little bit patience ;)
I really hope that the PDFs become available as soon as the pre-ordering starts. What make my holidays much more fun.
And I think we need a forum for WFRP 4th Edition!
The King is dead! Long live the King!