The Enemy Within Campaign Volume 1 - Shadows Over Bögenhafen

All the Cubicle 7 news
Jon Hodgson

The Enemy Within Campaign Volume 1 - Shadows Over Bögenhafen

Post by Jon Hodgson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:11 pm

The Enemy Within Campaign Volume 1 - Shadows Over Bögenhafen is out now in PDF for the very first time !

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228 ... _id=169435

The Enemy Within Campaign Volume 1

“And at the appointed time we shall rise from our secret places and throw down the towns and cities of the Empire. Our brethren shall pour forth from the forests to slay and burn. Chaos will cover the land and we, the chosen servants, shall be exalted in His eyes. Hail to Tzeench, Changer of the Ways – Njawrr’thakh ‘Lzimbarr Tzeentch!”
Excerpt from The Book of Transmutation

The Empire. Perhaps the greatest nation of the Old World, it has stood for two and a half millenia as a bulwark against the threat of Chaos. Down the ages – from the time of legen when Sigmar Heldenhammer ruled, to the peaceful days it now enjoys – the Empire has endured. Within its borders, the Emperor’s armies keep the peace. The Empire stands firm against the enemy without.

But what of The Enemy Within?

The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen is the first volume in an epic campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. It is the definitive guide to the mighty Empire of the War hammer Old World, full of background information covering the history, geography, politics and religions of the Empire, as well as invaluable material on starting and running the campaign.

And you can begin straight away with an intriguing and chilling adventure which introduces the players to the Empire, sets them on a hunt to seek out and destroy the heart of a demonic conspiracy, and brings them face to face with the corruption threatening the very foundations of their world.

This PDF combines material originally published separately as The Enemy Within and Shadows Over Bögenhafen, revised into a clear, easy to use format, as published in print in 1995 by Hogshead Publishing. We’ve painstakingly scanned every page, and created a PDF that maintains the appearance of the original. This does make for a slightly larger file than we’d normally produce, but on this occasion, we think it’s worth it for all the great First Edition feel! The PDF is also extensively bookmarked for ease of reference.

We'll be bringing the entirety of The Enemy Within Campaign to PDF in the coming weeks.
Grab Part One, Shadows Over Bögenhafen at DrivethruRPG now!
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Corvo

Re: The Enemy Within Campaign Volume 1 - Shadows Over Bögenhafen

Post by Corvo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:59 pm

My old, original TEW books were lost some years ago along half of my house. Most damage was repaired, but some books were nigh irreplaceable. I'm glad I can finally replace them!

Trippy

Post by Trippy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:30 am

This has just hit me on the wrong side of xmas, as it is, but come January, my budget will be well targeted...

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 am

Even as I have all the old books from GW's time I'm very glad that new fans can get their hands on this campaign. And I'm very happy that the campaign will see a new facelifting with the Director's Cut for the 4th Edition. Hope that there are new incidents to surprise even players of the old edition. But, if I think about it... I have played TEW three times with same players - and nobody could remember most of it ;)
The King is dead! Long live the King!

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 am

King Eirik wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 am
Even as I have all the old books from GW's time I'm very glad that new fans can get their hands on this campaign. And I'm very happy that the campaign will see a new facelifting with the Director's Cut for the 4th Edition. Hope that there are new incidents to surprise even players of the old edition. But, if I think about it... I have played TEW three times with same players - and nobody could remember most of it ;)
I have all these fond memories of my teenage WFRP campaigns, and it was only during the scanning of Death on the Reik that I realised half of the things I remember come directly from that scenario... I didn't remember running it at all. But I did.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 am

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 am
King Eirik wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 am
I have all these fond memories of my teenage WFRP campaigns, and it was only during the scanning of Death on the Reik that I realised half of the things I remember come directly from that scenario... I didn't remember running it at all. But I did.
:D
In one of my group there disappeared a little girl. It's in a small town in the weaver district and the players have not made any progress in the session. The girl was murdered in the body is in the sewers. And then one player said: "I don't know what to make of this. But have the feeling that a goblin with three legs will show us the way. This reminds me of Bögenhafen. Perhaps there is a cellar with a demon in the sewers..." I haven't said anything to this but he was so close to the mark. And it is these small things that show me that TEW is one of the best campaigns ever! :) There were so many times in different games when somebody said: "Hm, aren't you Kastor Lieberung?" Or when after years some players tug at their ear lob - or was it scratching the nose? :lol:

But as I have written earlier I would like to see some changes in the Director's Cut so that even veterans of TEW can play it again and discover something new. Can't wait to play the 4th Edition!

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 am

To me, Death on the Reik was the beating heart of TEW. When my player see a foreboding castle they always cite Castle Wittgenstein.

Power Behind the Throne is a great adventure (and really unconventional, especially for its time), but when you are there, you are already beyond the "picaresque" phase of the game, so it looks less "iconic" than DotR.

King Eirik

Post by King Eirik » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 am

I love Shadows over Bögenhafen most! I like the whole campaign (ok, Empire in Flames not so much) but SoB is delicious. Played it several times with the same players but they were always surprised by the way the game played out :lol:

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:22 pm

I just started reading the Shadows Over Bogenhafen PDF when I realised... where is the map?

The big, full color one, with Bogenhafen on one side and the Empire on the other?

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Corvo wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:22 pm
I just started reading the Shadows Over Bogenhafen PDF when I realised... where is the map?

The big, full color one, with Bogenhafen on one side and the Empire on the other?
We're working on it! As soon as we get a paper map that isn't wrecked we'll update the files for everyone.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!