More WFRP news! The Enemy Within and First Edition

All the Cubicle 7 news
Orin J.

Re: More WFRP news! The Enemy Within and First Edition

Post by Orin J. » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:28 pm

AdolphusAltdorfer wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 pm
Jon Hodgson wrote: I'm not entirely sure why there's an expectation that they would have backwards compatibility as a design goal.
I think it is about ease of use of older material while still playing the latest edition. For example, being able to drop in my NPCs without having to convert them will save time for me, and makes a transition to the newer rules easier for my ongoing campaign.

For me v1 and v2 was close enough for that. 3rd was not, so we had to do more conversions on the fly for that.

That said, backwards compatibility is not a priority for me personally, it is more important that the proper WFRP feel is present in the rules.

Regards

/Adolphus
this is what i was trying to get at exactly, that 1st-2nd editions were "Close enough to touch" so that bringing an adventure from 1st into 2nd did not require a painful labor of adjustment as it does if you try to convert something from say, WFRP to pathfinder. or from 2nd to 3rd....

Cawdorthane

Re: More WFRP news! The Enemy Within and First Edition

Post by Cawdorthane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 am

Dash it all, I missed that humble bundle deal.... Jon if C7 could redo that offer at some stage, that would be truly awesome (I just got the PDF of 1e)!

cheers
Mark