Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay First Edition PDF

All the Cubicle 7 news
Jon Hodgson

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay First Edition PDF

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:03 pm

We’re delighted to be able to bring the much loved First Edition of WFRP to PDF! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228 ... _id=169435

We’ve painstakingly scanned every page, and created a PDF that maintains the appearance of the original. This does make for a slightly larger file than we’d normally produce, but on this occasion, we think it’s worth it for all the great First Edition feel! The PDF is also extensively bookmarked for ease of reference.

We released a version earlier in the year via Humble Bundle that did not have the colour plates of the Games Workshop edition, but this new PDF does have all those glorious colour plates we know so well.

Grab it now at DrivethruRPG and re-enter a grim world of perilous adventure!
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Warden

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay First Edition PDF

Post by Warden » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Nice!

Was any of the errata cleared up?

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:18 pm

The Hogshead-fixed errata is included, otherwise it's a faithful historical artifact of it's time!
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

ciccio spampanatu

Post by ciccio spampanatu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:29 pm

I've bought the Humble Bundle version. So, have I to buy it again on drivethrurpg?

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:42 pm

ciccio spampanatu wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:29 pm
I've bought the Humble Bundle version. So, have I to buy it again on drivethrurpg?
Absolutely not - you have a perfectly fine edition of WFRP right there.

A couple of people have asked if they can update the Hogshead Edition we released via Humble Bundle to the colour plates edition on Drivethru. Regretfully, that isn't how Humble Bundle works - we don't have access to their customer data, so it can't be updated, and they are not connected to Drivethru.

Happily though, getting all the 2nd Edition PDFs, the 1st Edition PDF plus making a charitable donation, for around $20, offered truly incredible value.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

9littlebees

Post by 9littlebees » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 am

So... this is a different PDF to the one we received in the Humble Bundle (colour artwork), and is the only version currently on sale - and those of us involved in the HB have to pay again to get it?

Isn't there some way you can reach out to HB to update the bundle to include a DTRPG coupon code for those who received the book as part of the bundle? They do coupon codes and update existing bundles with new content, so I'd think this should be possible.

Also, wouldn't you want those of us who have purchased the WFRP1 book via HB to have the opportunity to leave a review on DTRPG, which can only help boost sales?

9littlebees

Post by 9littlebees » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:21 am

You should also be able to update the Humble Bundle to add the newer PDF - so in effect all of the HB backers would have access to both PDFs.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:06 am

We’re not currently aware of any way to do updates on HB but we’re looking into it. Humble Bundle works on some different assumptions than Drivethru and Bundle of Holding. But yes,they are separate “products”, and the Hogsheads editon will remain exclusive to Humble Bundle.

This is genuinely not meant to sound facetious: we have talked about possibly offering a refund of the copy of the first edition WFRP that you paid for on Humble Bundle, or a discount towards the new edition on Drivethru. If you paid the base $20 for all the second edition PDFs plus the first edition, that would be about 80 or 90c. So it’s a tough one to deliver, but we’re looking into that too.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

9littlebees

Post by 9littlebees » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am

I've backed dozens of Humble Bundles, and many of them have added content after initially starting, so it definitely is possible to add content to an existing Bundle, since it has been done before.

I know we would technically then be getting two PDFs for the price of one, but they're basically the same book, right? That shouldn't really matter to your company, and it would satisfy those of us who are left feeling a little surprised at being excluded from the newer additiom.

Anyway, I won't push the point. I'm happy with my Hogshead edition PDF which matches the physical copy I own, I'm just now super curious about the changes in the colour plate version, since I've never seen it. Maybe releasing decent res images of the colour plates on your blog would make people like me happy? That couldn't hurt, right?

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am

9littlebees wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am
I've backed dozens of Humble Bundles, and many of them have added content after initially starting, so it definitely is possible to add content to an existing Bundle, since it has been done before.

I know we would technically then be getting two PDFs for the price of one, but they're basically the same book, right? That shouldn't really matter to your company, and it would satisfy those of us who are left feeling a little surprised at being excluded from the newer additiom.

Anyway, I won't push the point. I'm happy with my Hogshead edition PDF which matches the physical copy I own, I'm just now super curious about the changes in the colour plate version, since I've never seen it. Maybe releasing decent res images of the colour plates on your blog would make people like me happy? That couldn't hurt, right?
If we can update it, we'll totally do it. And as I said - we're looking into doing that.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!