Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Warden

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Warden » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:33 pm

If we don't have charts for Critical Hits in the appendix, at least, I'm going to riot.

Grey Seer

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Grey Seer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 pm

I'm hopeful that whatever delays they have are due to them making the game better. Still...it would be a shame if we missed out on WFRP this Christmas...
-Greyh

Aknorian

Post by Aknorian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:52 am

I tend to agree that there is no evidence that it’s going to be released anytime soon, I hope I’m wrong

CapnZapp

Post by CapnZapp » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:42 am

Grey Seer wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 pm
Still...it would be a shame if we missed out on WFRP this Christmas...
I don't disagree... but, have we any reason to harbor this expectation?

I know the press release did say "will be launched by Cubicle 7 Entertainment later this year" and "We’ll be revealing more of our plans in the coming months".

But that was in May. Since then we have...:

No teasers
No advertisements
No con appearances
No promotional videos or even still pictures
No contests or hand-outs
No magazine advertorials
No progress reports
No forum dev posts
No substantive forum posts at all (here or at other major rpg forums)
No NDA breaches by beta testers
No bragging by beta testers (that don't breach NDA)
No customer surveys

No nothing, in fact

It all seems like wishful thinking to me... Judging by official communication, there might as well have been an internal fallout between GW and C7 where the the license has silently been revoked...

CapnZapp

Post by CapnZapp » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am

Corvo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:28 pm
C7 isn't like other companies: they got a distinct penchant for sneak attacks. Some supplements for TOR went from "just announced" to "preorder is open" in a few days.
I wasn't around much then. Are you telling me there's a chance C7 will go from 0% to 100% in just one month...? For their arguably biggest release ever?

That's.... that's...

Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it... :D

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:07 pm

CapnZapp wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am
Corvo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:28 pm
C7 isn't like other companies: they got a distinct penchant for sneak attacks. Some supplements for TOR went from "just announced" to "preorder is open" in a few days.
I wasn't around much then. Are you telling me there's a chance C7 will go from 0% to 100% in just one month...? For their arguably biggest release ever?

That's.... that's...

Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it... :D
Frankly? Looks difficult to me, but there is a chance*.

I could be wrong, but C7 unveiled they were working on "Erebor" the 16th of march 2016, and the pre-order opened the 1st of july. It is... 15 weeks?
Given that most project take a year from announcement to pre-order, I was really surprised.

*Not much, but better than a Rat-Catcher in a Skaven's den, that is.

Warden

Post by Warden » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 pm

I asked "Can we still expect the WFRP4 pdf before the end of the year?"

Jon replied with
Jon Hodgson wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 am
WFRP is coming together really well, we're all really excited about it! We'll be sharing some news as soon as we are able to do so. Be sure to sign up to our newsletter to get the first slice of news as it comes out.

Lord Kragan

Post by Lord Kragan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Warden wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 pm
I asked "Can we still expect the WFRP4 pdf before the end of the year?"

Jon replied with
Jon Hodgson wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 am
WFRP is coming together really well, we're all really excited about it! We'll be sharing some news as soon as we are able to do so. Be sure to sign up to our newsletter to get the first slice of news as it comes out.

So nothing at all still? Something I heard from Grim&Perilious was that we were looking at an early summer of 2018 release.

Syntezz

Post by Syntezz » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:59 am

Quote from https://grimandperilous.com/warhammer-f ... unplugged/:

Q: We’ve heard this game will be out by the end of the year, is it still on track for a release around Christmas?

A: He has seen the cover art and it’s great, but it is very unlikely to be out by the end of the calendar year. What they meant was that it will be out before the end of the Fiscal Year, or sometime in the early Summer of 2018.

No WFRP in 2017 for ya!

Just wandering what was the idea in promesing it "later this year"?

Ghostwriter

Post by Ghostwriter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Wish we could get some bit of official news, rather than rely on rumours :(