Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

All the Cubicle 7 news
Aknorian

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Aknorian » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 pm

While late to the party on the Forums, I've been anxiously awaiting news of the 4e as well. Having been with Warhammer since 'Warhammer - the mass combat fantasy role-playing game' white box edition, I too have played through all the editions. While I've enjoyed them all, I was and still am fond of the 3e(active campaign still ongoing over 30 years later). While I've heard all the negative responses to it, I personally enjoyed the approach very much. Yes including the storytelling dice!

~I'm hoping C7 will First and foremost capture the feel of Warhammer and give us characters who don't have to be heroes to have fun and struggle.
~Keeping and completing the careers is also a wish.
~Seeing updated distances(travel) and full color MAPS added(regularly) to releases.
~Disease, corruption, insanity and mutation a must keep - Having sources of concern for your character besides Health or damage is key.
~Source books and adventures added in years to come that bring in the cultures of the widespread corners of the Warhammer world.
~give us a connection to purchase new minis that we can match up to careers
~Online resources to easily connect players perhaps virtually

Anyway... hope to hear something soon!

Aknorian

Warden

Re: Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announce new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Post by Warden » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:39 pm

I want a small but vicious dog

Orin J.

Post by Orin J. » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 am

you know, it dawns on me- will they be able to reprint previous edition's books or are they limited to new materials? are the old companies even still around? geez, this is complicated....
Aknorian wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 pm
~give us a connection to purchase new minis that we can match up to careers
I get the feeling that request is out of their hands entirely! :lol:

Aknorian

Post by Aknorian » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:33 am

I think you're right of course, but new minis is easy for citadel/GW and money is money :)

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 am

Orin J. wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 am
you know, it dawns on me- will they be able to reprint previous edition's books or are they limited to new materials? are the old companies even still around? geez, this is complicated....
C7 is selling the PDFs of the 2nd edition, and the scans of the 1st edition manual (first time in PDF. Hooray!), so they got the rights to the first two editions of the game.
Nothing about the 3rd edition, so I suspect that this is outside their license.

Lord Kragan

Post by Lord Kragan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Corvo wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 am
Orin J. wrote:
C7 is selling the PDFs of the 2nd edition, and the scans of the 1st edition manual (first time in PDF. Hooray!), so they got the rights to the first two editions of the game.
For better IMO, 3rd edition was the weakest and less in concordance with the flavour of what WFRP ought to be.

Orin J.

Post by Orin J. » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Lord Kragan wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:56 pm
Corvo wrote:
Orin J. wrote:
For better IMO, 3rd edition was the weakest and less in concordance with the flavour of what WFRP ought to be.
While I won't argue against the rules system having a lot of issues, the adventures themselves were (with some minor reworking for a more portable system) often pretty good and getting the Edge of night or Witch's song in a compatible format would be pretty nice (for everyone else that is. i got my work on it)

Trippy

Post by Trippy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Corvo wrote:
I suspect that it is well within their license, but its not a priority or an interest.

CapnZapp

Post by CapnZapp » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Borri wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm
Grey Seer wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 pm
I hope we get news soon. There is only 2 months left in the year and I'm concerned we won't have a release before Christmas at this point. :cry:
Asking C7 for news is like ordering an automated 'keep an eye on the website' reply :lol:
Best you get is an art-preview of a cover once in a while before they officially release a product. There are no design diaries or else.

My guess: Pre-Order will start in early december with the PDF beeing released in the week before christmas. I donˋthink anybody at C7 wants to miss christmas sales with WFRP 4. The physical book could then follow around April.
Since we haven't heard anything (I mean "nothing at all") I would be surprised if the book releases before, say, Gen Con in early fall 2018.

If C7 is anything like... well, every other game company, there's a months-long build-up period with news, tidbits and other cluttery stuff.

I see no indication whatsoever that WFRP4 is about to drop.

Corvo

Post by Corvo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:28 pm

C7 isn't like other companies: they got a distinct penchant for sneak attacks. Some supplements for TOR went from "just announced" to "preorder is open" in a few days.