Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

All the Cubicle 7 news

Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Postby silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Beran wrote:I hope they take the game back to the original system from early editions. Instead of the board game that FFG made of it. And, no proprietary dice!

I would agree that the 1st/2nd Editions core rules are preferable if C7 are just going to update fluff and streamline things. Though I have to say I love the Journey rules for TOR/AiME. If there was a way to introduce something similar to WFRP that would be fantastic - along with similar maps noting the different Peril ratings of the different regions.
silverfoxdmt73

Postby roodie » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:50 pm

silverfoxdmt73 wrote:maps noting the different Peril ratings of the different regions.

What do you mean? Every region is "dark lands", except maybe around the cities, where it is slighly less dark... :-D
roodie

Postby silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:23 pm

roodie wrote:
silverfoxdmt73 wrote:maps noting the different Peril ratings of the different regions.

What do you mean? Every region is "dark lands", except maybe around the cities, where it is slighly less dark... :-D

Different shades of dark.. Dark, Very Dark, Really Very Dark and Heart-of-Chaos-Dark.
silverfoxdmt73

Postby Toby Pilling » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:06 pm

For any who are interested, I thought I'd spread the word here that 'Tobcon' (succeeding the Timcon and Wimcon WFRP conventions) will take place on the weekend of Saturday the 26th and Sunday the 27th of August 2017 at Northfield Community Centre, West London.

There'll be four gaming slots of around 4 hours each, two on each day, with hopefully three games running in each slot - that's twelve games of WFRP in total. Traditionally we've had games of every edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay running - if Cubicle 7 want to playtest some 4th edition, do get in touch - we'd love to have you!

PM me for further details if you're interested in attending. Our particular need is for GMs, of course.

I'll post more information here as time goes by.

Long live WFRP!

Toby
Toby Pilling

Postby tydirium » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

So, when does Graeme Davis join the staff?

jh
tydirium

Postby Tharngoth » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 pm

I personally hope it will be in the old world. Maybe like TOR, they can find a certain period of time where the game can take place. I read what I could about Age of Sigmar and it did not appeal me to play in this setting anymore...

Can't wait to see what is coming for WFRP...
Tharngoth

Postby Borri » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:20 pm

FFG holds the license until the end of the month. So I guess there will be a big C7-announcement on 03/01/17.

WFRP will rise again :D
Borri

Postby El Tau » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:07 am

Oh man, I'm excited!!

I just hope it won't be "Age of Sigmar", I'd love the old Old World back!

Would it be too awkward to have a definitive separation between the WHRPG and WH:AoS lore, each taking their own path as different game worlds?
El Tau

Postby CapnZapp » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:23 pm

silverfoxdmt73 wrote:Different shades of dark.. Dark, Very Dark, Really Very Dark and Heart-of-Chaos-Dark.

You forgot the darkest of them all...

Grimdark :D
CapnZapp

Postby CapnZapp » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Borri wrote:FFG holds the license until the end of the month. So I guess there will be a big C7-announcement on 03/01/17.

Ah!

Very clever. Thanks
CapnZapp

PreviousNext

Return to Cubicle 7 News